I hate cars......

Im crying inside.

I have only seen the car twice in person but I can honestly say that it was one of the best and most respectable builds I have come across in my short life in this community.

I have a feeling things will work out here but my best wishes are with you and the fd

[quote=“93z24,post:35,topic:29655"”]

this sucks, i love that car.

If I was in your shoes, i’d be considering an LSx swap… but i’m sure you’ve already put a ridiculous amount of money into it as is.

[/quote]

Jay would die before an LS1 ever goes into that car while his name is on the title.

Spirits are low now…but a fresh motor isnt all that much if thats what it comes down to.

There is a reason you decided not to sell it…and if it was easy it wouldnt be worth having.

You know how much you told me you liked driving it again and you were glad you didnt sell it.

So dont wuss out now and sell it for cheap with a popped motor.

If it is down for a year atleast you will be able to save up some $ and come back better next year.

The supra will get lonely if u leave the scene…just look at me…you can sell your pride and joy and then regret it every day and buy other things to try and make you feel better but its never the same as that first heart and soul build.

Take your time and think it through…you will make the right call

:frowning: sorry to hear Jay. You’ll figure something out though man. And wait till its apart before you write the thing off. Dont get ideas about making the same mistake I did.

[quote=“Adictd2b00st,post:11,topic:29655"”]

well not sure which, but one rotor is definitly blown… and i’m sure it took out the turbo with it. i’d say chances of it seeing the road again this year are about 0%. and now i have no idea where to even go from here

[/quote]

take it to hybrid??
j/k
sorry for the loss…

wow sorry to hear man, i love that kaa

It pulled like a fucking madman, then nothing… i know exactly what you are going through, goddamn fd curse!!! now i’m scared!! it’s shitty luck dude, let me know if you need anything. :cry:

omghugs…<3 sorry jay

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: so sorry to hear jay…

Wow, that really sucks. I’m happy to lend a hand though, I’m sure we can get it back together.

God that sucks, cars do suck. Blowing your motor is like someone kicking you in the balls and stealing your wallet.

You definately have to get it running again, its not worth much not running. So let the teardown begin. Im sure you can have the motor out in a day or so. Put a rebuild in, run less boost, then decide what you want to do with it.

You could have it running in a week, only problem is choosing what motor.

[quote=“2TurboZ,post:42,topic:29655"”]

Jay would die before an LS1 ever goes into that car while his name is on the title.

[/quote]

everyone at the shop is probably chanting LS1 right now. i can see mike and justin standing over jay while he is sleeping… whispering “LS1 swap” in his ears at night.

sorry to hear it jay. we should get some cinder blocks and park our cars out on the lawn. it will be sweet. we can get an old bath tub and toilet, and use them as flower pots and shit. :slight_smile:

that sux. but i dont want to sound mean when i say “it was only a matter of time with those motors”. IB4X

It certainly shouldn’t be just a matter of time with a properly built rotary - which, by all means, Jay’s was. This really surprises me.

As for a swap, even though it isn’t going to happen, LS2 >>>> LS1.

Either way, once my car runs, I’m definitely game to come help out on weekends or whatever. I don’t know much rotary shit, but the rest of the car is getting more familiar.

what Happened?

This sucks :frowning:

:frowning:

Sorry to hear jay. At this point the only thing left is to go on a killing spree…ready …go

Jay that sucks. Even more so at the start of car season.

I hate to ask…but you aren’t planning to sell it now are you?

If so, i’ve got a sweet motor from an old Monte I’d love to throw in it. I’d be interested.

Xander’s had a great build and tune too, didn’t it?

Honestly, that picture of your car heading to TO with Skunk’s yellow M3 has been my background for a long time. Such a sexy car, hands down one of my faves here.

WHY did the rotor let go?

cliffs: :frowning: :mad::banghead: ehfgeyr64rb4f

Jay, call me. I’ll be in town Friday - Sunday and of course I will help you if you want a hand.

All I can say is, that freakn’ suuuccckkkssss.