sigh......

so, as some of you know i had the s14 parked for the past week or so, and got to finishing the install on the power fc today, converted from maf to map, and installed my new fpr.

fire the car up, starts on the first try, idling great…let it warm up etc, back out the driveway, start to drive down the street…notice its not really wanting to get into boost at all, so i limp it around the block with the flashers on, no harm done right?

pop the hood, blip the throttle and notice a sound coming from the intake area… pull the intake pipe off, and what do i see? a piece of paper towel that the turbo was trying to suck in, the same paper towel that i had put in the intake pipe when i removed the maf last week to sell it… and ultimately, the same piece of paper towel which has now killed my turbo… took it for another drive, drove as it should (didn’t get into boost, maybe one psi), pop the hood…hello oil from the bov :frowning: pull off the intercooler pipe, yep…oil everywhere. fuck me

Dude that sucks big time! You try to be cautious and get screwed over. Thats so shitty. What are you going to do now? Another T28?

Shit that sucks to hear Jay, what’s the plan now?

Ugh, dont ya hate shit like that, lol It happens

yep, another t28

and your right, i try to be safe about it, and it ends up fucking me anyways. thats my luck, i’ve learned that by now. this is probably the last straw, expect the car to be for sale soon and i’m taking a break from cars for a long time…

iirc carnut has a stock skyline turbo? maybe still? if its the same part

and damn that sucks dude!

nah, its different… thanks though

stop it!

I won’t let you, that car rocks and you know it, just take your time

sorry to hear Jay. Hopefully everything will work out for the best.

nope, i’ve been down this road enough times, and quite frankly i’m sick of it
:gotme:

Balls Jay, Balls

dude, my turbo has been spitting oil into my intake for like…oh… since forever… woopty…

buy a daily, laugh then the race car breaks… haha, silly car, it wont get off that easy

wow dude that sucks sorry to hear that. i use blue tape on the end of the pipe. that way its super noticeable lol. but i can see why you were being cautious with getting something in there. dont sell it

you really can’t be this upset about it though…sure it sucks, but at least it wasn’t like a rotary just blowing on it’s own, for no reason at all, even after being built and cautious ya know?

didnt newman do this to his maxima years ago? sorry to here. it was the car telling you to go bigger.

Jay If you would like help I’ll all for it. I’m awesome at standing around with my hands in my pockets, pointing, and yelling about tools being in the engine bay or on the car (terrible habit… looks at paulo)

and this is exactly what i’m talking about lol a trend, a trend…

:rofl: i’ve been known to be pretty good at times at that too :stuck_out_tongue:

this isn’t just a little tho, its making a huge mess already and i haven’t even gotten on it…its spitting out the tial like its its job :tdown:

shouldn’t have sold the S13…

At least you’ll never do it again and be even more cautious next time. Its okay. Get back on the horse. :slight_smile:

at least you keep a good amount of time between your disasters lol…a motor one year, a turbo the next, etc…

i blew 2 motors in 2 months this year, so expect little sympathy from me :stuck_out_tongue:

jay kay…at least the turbo didnt shoot tiny pieces of metal in the motor taking it with it…