I hate cars......

[quote=“altimarollin,post:96,topic:29655"”]

ok if the front rotor goes would the rear be slightly behind it as well? in this case wouldnt it be best to replace both so you dont have to worry about the same issue coming up again anytime soon? -FD/ Rotor- noob

[/quote]

i’m gonna place my bet on the rear rotor, that one typically burns hotter and receives less airflow due to the fucked up inner working of the upper intake manifold. The fact that one detonated means that a whole rebuild should be done just for the fact that the whole mixture was lean, just slightly hotter in the rear housing.

Tear it apart, find out exactly what happened. See if the motor is worth repairing.

What a motor run money wise for that car anyway?

daMN, shitty to hear, i was lookin forward to runing u for fun this yr :blah:

andy did rebuild his brothers.

Till it blew up.

Then they realized lsx > rotors

That’s sucks man…Not funny and not cool.

The only thing funny about this thread is Newman saying “cooling apparatuses.” Well put Mr. Newman…

[quote=“StrokedZ28,post:102,topic:29655"”]

Tear it apart, find out exactly what happened. See if the motor is worth repairing.

[/quote]

Was asking the same thing earlier, and after Jay told me, sadly I weeped inside.

I wonder if the newer rotaries from the rx-8s would be more reliable. But who knows

verdict is in…got to mess with it when i got home from work, zero compression on the rear rotor… definitly won’t be out again this year. everythings gotta come out and get torn down. fun fun. i’ll probably end up using the good half of my motor and the good half of ezfd’s old motor and have them sent out to be rebuilt. what i do with porting/seals is gonna be a big decision to make.

and no, the rx8 motors aren’t even an option, so don’t bring them up :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“StrokedZ28,post:102,topic:29655"”]

[/quote]

$2000 “stock” rebuild , $3500 and up for one thats worthwhile running a larger amount of boost through

and to even prove more, how confused i am at what happened

[quote=“Monsterbox”"]

have you compression tested yet i dont understand how in the WORLD you blew that engine…stage 3 street port with CERAMIC seals

[/quote]

that about sums it up. for a rotary, this motor shoulda taken alot of abuse :gotme:

did your turbo survive?

[quote=“Adictd2b00st,post:109,topic:29655"”]

and to even prove more, how confused i am at what happened

that about sums it up. for a rotary, this motor shoulda taken alot of abuse :gotme:

[/quote]

[quote=“Onyx Z32,post:33,topic:29655"”]

It will be interesting to see (when you open the motor up) if the guy who you bought the car from really did put those larger ceramic apex seals in… hum…

:frowning:

[/quote]

:gotme:

+1 Josh, will be very interesting to see when it gets opened up. Jay, need a spare engine stand? I can bring one of those too.

yea that’d be cool, bring it :slight_smile:

paul, from what i can tell so far the turbo still spins freely and has no shaft play…it mighta nicked up the exhaust wheel/housing tho i won’t know till i pull it off

You’ll figure it out Jay, stay positive.

Poopy indeed.

First the canucks get knocked out, then this. Someone is having a great spring! Good luck with everything Jay!

[quote=“Carnut,post:100,topic:29655"”]

spoken like an experienced veteran

[/quote]

no crying from me. get it out, get it done and get over it. cant go back in time only move forward

If it makes you feel any better…I spent 4 hours a day for a week putting my sr back together to have it throw a rod out the block 2 days after it was on the road…due to a weak rod bolt.

Sorry to hear your lose man.

[quote=“MPD47,post:95,topic:29655"”]

Fixed.

[/quote]

More like blowing it up again :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“layzie,post:116,topic:29655"”]

no crying from me. get it out, get it done and get over it. cant go back in time only move forward

[/quote]

exactly, you cry a little the first time then you become pretty hardened to it. Just ask Sam he was the same way now it’s just another thing :stuck_out_tongue:

sucks to hear man. good luck in getting it back together.

when i hear horror stories like this, it reminds me of my own experience with a blown engine, and makes remember why i got out of the car scene.