I hate kids/teens.

No worries, man. We all have to realize that written words can never convey the true intent of what the writer wanted us to understand.
In that sense, you have to understand, as much as any of us in this society of any color, that a descriptor of color is very often used when describing something different than us. As such, if the OP where black, on a mostly black forum, talking about a bunch of white kids who jumped his brother… he more than likely would’ve used the descriptor “white” kids. Would that have made him a black racist? Not necessarily. He could’ve just as easily been describing something different than he. We all do it, regardless of color.
So we can’t assume the race card just because OP is white talking about black kids.
It alarms me that we as a society still do use a color descriptor when talking about something different than us, but this, in and of itself, doesn’t make anyone racist, or against people of another color. As I’d mentioned, it can show bias, but without more information, that can’t be held against someone.

I’m quick to jump on the race card because of some of the stories my friends have told me about their lives. It makes me ashamed of my color sometimes. However, I also have to give the benefit of the doubt unless I know otherwise. I can understand how someone of color may not be able to do that as easily.

I do still take offense, however, to anyone who claims that black kids are raised a certain way to listen to Al Sharpton or believe they are owed something. That’s BS. And not a statement anyone who is not raised black or has truly studied black culture and social mores should even attempt to make.
And I totally disagree still with your “that’s life” statement in the form it was expressed originaly. I understand your intent may not be how I, or others, have taken it, however if our society just had a little more respect for each other regardless of color, and realized we can’t just take what someone else has, like “that’s life”… then we’d be a lot better off, for sure. Easy to say. Hard to do.

My disagreement with your statement can mean I just took it the wrong way. No worries. Pittspeed isn’t here to change the world and I ain’t about to pass judgement on anyone for what they write here. Fuck that. I’m going to go out and enjoy the nice hot day. Everything else doesn’t matter. Beer, bikes, and cars. That’s all it’s about here for me. Carry on.