I hate my APT layout

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=935&stc=1

Black = Wall/Closet
White = Walkway/hallway
Pink = Windows
Yellow = doors

The rest is explained

That looks deceivingly large, take about 1/3 the “free” space and cut it out…I suck at dimensional drawing.

I wanna re-arange my shit this week/weekend.

I’m thinking of kocking down the wall between bedroom 1 & 2 and making one large bedroom…then turning the Clothes room into an office.

I’d also love to 1/2 the wall surrounding the kitchen and let the dining room & living room look into the kitchen…

I like open floor space

you have a door in bed room two… to the outside.

yes, I do…there’s a deck on the back of the house…

I thought about turning bedroom 2 into a poker room…

I really wish I had the money to totally redo the house and eliminate the apt upstairs and make a sweet loft-type joint w/ massive ceilings…but alas it would cost wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much

decreasing the amount of bedrooms will definately lower the value of the house

lol thats like THE SAME setup as my house.

how would turning that into a poker room irrevokably convert its bedroom status for a future owner?

I don’t think so…I think it becomes more attractive to young professionals to have 1 large bedroom and 1 small one for an office/guest room. 1 bedroom large apartments > 2 med/small bedroom apts

I think I’m going to have the house painted a grey/blue color and try to update it to a young professional type house…go after the younger crowd trying to take advantage of cheap buffalo housing costs

I believe he’s talking about knocking down the wall

Well we both live in the N. Buffalo area

You have too much time on your hands making diagrams like this.

X…

you have too much time on your hands to manually sign off as X…

i look for it in all your posts, it’s always there :slight_smile: good thing, or else i wouldn’t know who was posting :slight_smile:

G…

at least 75% of the office was gone today…lol

i think i just love ur artwork joe

You only live once, Joseph, kick your tenant out and smash up that upstairs. I might actually come over on a regular basis to hang out instead of getting my weekly BJ’s if you did that renovation.

if you want some help with that, i am an architecture student and have actually completely gutted and re-did 3 houses with my dad from start to finish, and one of them was for my uncle, where we actually knocked out an entire load bearing wall and replaced with a nifty and snky beam me and my dad designed

yes, please do something about the horrible layout!!

or we can just move :slight_smile:

Really, I don’t have enough money to do it “right”…and it would be too large of an investment for a 100K house right now…maybe if I had the 2 houses on both sides I could do all 3…but for just 1 the value of the home wouldn’t increase enough

well for perspective, the three houses we did, my dad payed under 80k for the two he owned, and my uncle the same…the first one of my dads sold for just under 100k, and he put about 8k into it. the second one he put about 10k into, and sold it for $132,900…HOLY FUCK DID HE MAKE OUT ON THAT ONE. and all we did was re-arange the layout and do some drywall and a $2k kitchen, re-shingled the roof, and re-did the bathroom. knocked out i think 1 wall, and did a pergo floor in the kitchen and the rest carpet. to “do it right” isnt that hard or expensive…going through a contractor is what makes that expensive. i work cheap lol

Blah blah blah poker room blah blah

+1 for the poker room

want me to CAD up ur floor plans

It’s to prevent internet posting fraud. :smiley:

X…

Every double in north buffalo has basically the same layout. I have been in one house that had the kitchen wall knocked out so the dining room and kitchen were opened up, made a huge difference. I was thinking of doing this in my lower apartment to open it up.