I have a 1994 Ranger....what should I do with it?

I have a 1994 Ford Ranger. It was my dads but he got a new ranger so he might be giving this to me for a project. Theres little to no rust, and i might be getting 2,500 to put into this. I wouldn’t do anything to the interior or paint, so just wondering if you guys would gimme any suggestions.

Oh yea, currently it needs about $200 bucks worth of stuff to get it running, it’s a 4cyl, don’t wana do air ride, and it has like 185000 miles on it.

It’s a old Ford Ranger fix the couple of things wrong with it and sell it. It’s got a ton of miles on it. It’s just going nickel and dime IMO

5.0L/5 speed swap.

yup but a v8 in it or even a turbocoupe motor in

I raced someone at the FLD with a 90’s Ford Ranger. He had a turbo engine in it and from what i remember he had about 4k into the project. This truck hung right with me so i am guess it was close to a 11 second truck with just a few bucks. Not bad IMO

Yeah that guy is running a big boost 2.3L in that little green Ranger.

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f43fqVzCzuw&feature=channel_page”]YouTube - Turbo Ranger burnout.[/ame]

:eek3:

yeah I remember that guy…truck was quick

burn or sell it in my opinion…my brother had an '02 ranger…my least favorite truck ever to drive…that turbo idea to make it fast seems like a good approach if you definitely keep it.

With normal sized wheels and a modest lowering job.

My buddy put a 302 in his and it was a sled, went to 460 and it never left the garage. I suggest you fix it to be a parts runner for another V-8 car.

god i hate rangers. do me a favor and junk it

14 years and 180k miles takes its toll. To really be right, it probably needs new bushings if your dad hasn’t done it, and who knows about the motor. Rangers that old do seem to just nickle and dime you, so I would resist “investing” the money unless you are going all the way. If you need a beater to haul stuff, I’d get it on the road and rock it like that, otherwise I’m betting you’ll have to put plenty more than $2500 in to do anything worthwhile. If you don’t need it for that, I’d say get it going, get a sticker, and sell it. Someone is always looking for one.

2.3 Turbo would be sexy, of course.

i say rally truck

I’ll give ya 50 american for it

ok so i’ll probably just get it running and sell it. despite the high miles theres alot of new parts on the truck. but if i sell it i feel like i wont get much money at all for it so idk what ill do with it

My dad, me, and my younger brother drove a 1989 v6 2wd 5-spd ford ranger from ~200K miles to about ~273k miles. I just got my license and drove the truck for 2 years. I beat the hell out of it and changed the oil maybe once during the 2 years. My little brother drove it until he totaled it by getting hit by a dump truck. We put a clutch in it and that was it. No other parts failed on it. It was built like a tank.

Keep the truck, it will run forever. If it is a 4x4 let me know, I will buy it.