I have a bit of a predicament... help me out guys.

:blah: … or that gullible. let her handle it, offer advice / moral support, but she’ll get more of a sense of accomplishment, and no sense in miring yourself in HER mess :frowning:

Not necessarily, at aamco, part of the training for the shop managers wa to talk the owner out of buying a new car using that line almost exactly. In reality with the incentives and the economy for auto makers it is often better to trade it in and cut your loses.

\

haha it was a joke… dont worry about me, back on topic, someone help.

Haha, in late '02 I bought an '87 Lesabre winter beater for $650 and promptly blew up the transmission. I limped it over to Aamco and got a $900-1100 quote. They were really nice, but really persistent. They really wanted me to spend way more than the car was worth to fix it. I was naive, but smart enough to cut my losses and sell that pile for $350 and buy a new beater.

I bet it needs strut towers too.

might want to review what years that model of van was in production …

oops. sorry.

“The Town and Country was introduced in 1990, while its sister vehicles, the Dodge Caravan and Plymouth Voyager, had already been in production since the 1984 model year.”

the 2000 T&C body style goes back to 1996 actually, and
the 3.3l engine used in those vans go all the way back to 1990
the 3.8l engine used in those vans go all the way back to 1991

remember how chrysler liked to use the Kcar chassis for everything they made ? they did the same basic thing with transmissions and engines … finding a used tranny that will fit wont be a problem

funny you should say that… can i say rotted as fuck? or at least one is.

god this blows.

my stepmothers transmission went in her 2001. my uncle got a salvaged transmission and put it in. i’m going find out where he got it from.

Lol, doesn’t sound all too different from another Chrysler product, the DSM.

Freaking pathetic.

ive seen two older dodge minivans with the front struts pushing up on the hood. and the people still driving the things.

Just to let you know, a 2000 Town and Country is not going to catch $6000 as a trade in. You’ll get 15 bills, MAYBE 20 if they ACV it. I’m not being a d-bag, I’m just telling you what to expect…I don’t want there to be any surprises.

i agree with Mr. Lucas.

He knows his trade-ins

no, i expected that. no way was i going to get 6k for it on a trade…

:tup:

I just casually checked OVE and Manheim, and a few other auction sites. 2000’s in good condition with ~60-70k are fetching $2200.

Jam, I’m going to text you in a bit. :slight_smile:

your best bet is to have her start fucking a mechanic