I just filled up...

Yeah even with the gas prices going up I can take the money I save and mod my…well… house most likely. Maybe I’ll turbo my furnas!

I hope my house doesn’t need much for a couple years. I’d rather spend my money elsewhere. Every time I hammer my throttle I hear my car scream!.. For a cat-back. Ugh, and to think I just had to spend 100 bucks on my computer because my PS started popping caps on my mobo. That could have had me halfway to a home-rolled catback…

[/rant] Anyways, back to being on topic on off topic. So yeah, gas prices suck.

I used to work almost 30 miles from my house…i had to fill the tank 2-3 times a week…now im only 7 miles from home…and getting close to 30MPG but…i remember when i got my first car and gas was less than $1 a gallon…i miss that

:meh:

I wont be able to afford doing my job if gas prices go up much more…I drive around a lot…and I get 35 cents per mile from my company…when I first started I was making loot…now its barely cancelling out gas prices…25 cents more and im in debt

god this sucks

-Cheater-

it’s all about supply and demand

rising demand + limited supply of oil = bad news for consumers

it doesnt help when we had to shut down a major oil importing port facility (new orleans) and all of our oil rigs in the gulf of mexico were also shut down, and those may be damaged or destroyed right now so unfortunatly it might only get worse and worse for us

well I didn’t think about work either, my job is 2 and half minutes from my house. I’m not going to school anymore so that saves me about 25miles a day. So lets say there is really only about 10miles a week that I really have to travel :lol:

Wow I waste alot of gas doing other shit

Where the hell where you when gas was less than a $1 a gallon?, aren’t you like 12?:slight_smile: I’m older than you and I never paid that little for gas.

^
werd, i remember about 12 years ago when i started driving it was around a dollar, but not under.

Also living closer to work will save you money on your car insurance.
I have an 11-12 mi 1 way to work… thats ~24 a day, 5 times a week… 125 miles. Plus all the BS driving I do… which is usually 30 a day… 7 days a week 270 thats 395 a week. Which is still less than I do, so I must do more BS driving than I thought.
I’m buying a moped.

Lady on radio said little to Zero damage to those facilitys fromt he storm.

I didnt mind raising gas prices when it was a few cents here every couple of months. But its realy getting out of hand. I have to fill may tank roughly every 4 days (I can make it 5 days if I stay out of boost), it cost me little over $40 every time with the prices now. So say I stay with 4 days a tank, thats 7.5 tanks in 30 days (average month) thats $300 a month just in gas. So with gas, car payment, and insurance it cost me $821 a month to drive my car to and from work with a trip to the store here and there. Crazy.

makes ya feel good your driving a slow four cyl designed for economy huh?

Turblo 4cyl for life! Of yes and a good laugh in the direction of SUV soccer moms with v10 excursions, bye bye resale value. :tup:

When I first started driving gas was about $1 a gallon, sometimes a little less. The great thing was I used to go to the reservation and pay 88 cents a gallon. I could fill up the car on $11 for like 2 weeks. Damn those were the days.

Texas, March 1999 87 octane was $ .7499 .

^ It was less than a dollar ~7 years ago in Buffalo. Holy shit I am getting old!

meh, stop your bitching, I just filled up… $64.xx

Im thinking it might be time to start looking TDI. . .and when this gets even worse, I am sooooooo going Bio-Deisel!

I know a guy with a TDI and he is going to start making bio-deisel.:snky:

i just saw it on trucks. .70 a gal

wow, i was driving 4 years before you, and i just dont remember it being that cheap. musta been all the drugs :shrug:

Really? It was hovering around $1 for about 4 years before I started driving.
BTW how do you know when I started driving?