I know I'm gonna get shit on for asking but (little road trip this weekend)..

I’m headed to the Buffalo area to go to the www.ranepartybar.com , a friend’s band is headlining 2 shows there Saturday night. Gonna be an amazing time, lotsa beer, lotsa groupie band chicks, etc. As of now, I’m going alone. If anyone wants to go, hotel is on me, just throw in some for gas if you can. Post if you are interested, I’m also asking people locally.

Website is down apparently, but it looks like a very nice place. Music is a Poison/Motley Crue tribute.

seems like a hell of a ride to see a cover band.

Just wondering- why dont your friends come up with some original material?

The band playing in Buffalo is ran by the bassist of the tribute band that I follow. Anyway, they all have their own original shit, but people don’t go out to listen to music they don’t know, and they make WAY more money doing the tribute stuff. It’s their full time jobs!

umm…i really would like to go but i have 3 dollars to my name. fml. i just got back from the buffalo area last week too.

Just PM’ed you

Im headed that way to see Anberlin play at SUNY Buffalo.

Ha, funny that we are both headed that way for shows.

Gotta travel for the good stuff!

Its shitty there is no money in playing original stuff anymore. Not only that, but most bars won’t book original bands because they won’t bring in the draw that a good cover band would. It’s really sad.

Enjoy, that sounds like a fun place to be this weekend. 80’s metal bands always bring out the chicks.

damn, i was actually hoping for an “I’m cruising through the adirondacks this weekend” thread because me and the wife were thinking about getting up to oscars on sunday. Have fun out in Buffalo dude!

I live out in Buffalo, where they playing?

NVM, now I see it in the OP.

Hmm…Maybe I’ll stop out.

Oscars is open again? I was saddened when I heard about their fire. Long live amazing smoked meats!

I will, thanks!

Keep an eye out for the next ride thru the ADK. Probably mid-May. Last one was a great time with a great turnout!

They reopened in February

will do brother. we gotta take 28! so nice!!!

Off topic, but I was thinking of the Northway up, and backroads on the way back. Northway is nice so everyone can see each others cars in motion, and for those that wanna do some roll ons.

I would only take northway as far as 20 or 21… that gives everyone plenty of time for shenanigans and we get to cruise through LG then head up 9 and hit 28 or wherever. Those backroads are too good to miss even once. :slight_smile:

i agree with wayne, those roads are awesome, ive traveled them a few times!!

il go… but only if I can rip turbed up travis’s vette high boost on pump gas