i know what im doing for a car...

this is my plan…i am going to trade my 06 gti in with 5K miles for a 06 wrx with 24K miles… i can trade straight up…maybe a few hundred in my pocket… there is a blue wrx at chevy of westherr and i can get it at invoice…soo that ismy plan… ive had the gti for a few months…love the car…but i hate fwd and i dont know why i keep buying it…

STI???

no…wrx…sti= very high insurance…

i would keep your gti if its not an sti. it seems like you are losing out:hitit:

I’d do the same. The GTI is a very nice car, but AWD >> FWD. Even moreso when boost is involved I’d imagine.

i’d drive a gti over a regular wrx.

and it’s me. yeah.

hah i wonder how many people sell thier regular wrx to get a gti now to impress/leg hump you

if i had to guess, i’d say 3. But i’ve been wrong in the past, i think it was actually 03 May 2002. :smiley:

If they’re sold that easily on a new VW, they’ll love them forever.

dealerships are in the business of making money. trading your still new GTi for a car with 24k on the clock is just foolish. I love throwing away warranty.

just buy a set of snow tires for the GTi and be done with it!

STI insurance is cheap man!

i’m under 100 a month for a 23 year old, full coverage

I thought they were “tin cans”

no?

:tup: I’m not a big fan of the new VW’s… fugly

I love how they look (well, the Jetta could use a little work). I wish you could get the GT with that nifty turbocharged/supercharged engine in The States. :slight_smile:

Reason being?

So lesson to be learned here.

AWD Tin Can > FWD Lead Brick?

LOL

lol

dude keep the friggen gti and go find a project car to keep yourself busy over the winter

then you wont be tradin in your car every month