I NEED A CAR!! PLEASE HELP ME FIND ONE!! :-d

is money burning a hole in your pocket?

the problem here is that if my car sells I wont have a car to drive around and I need one because I drive VERY OFTEN to NYC and back. I dont want to blow 1-2k on a civic if I cant get my money back on it after I find my “dream car” as well a few months later.

But I appreciate the advise. So everyone is basically saying to just wait and see what happens? :smiley:

Maybe I will just do that. lol

Money isnt burning a hole in the pocket. But a POS v6 mustang is lol :smiley: I heard 2007 is the WORST year for mustangs and it shows. The frame on the top broke off, alternator died twice, battery died once. Etc etc…

Sucks :frowning:

Well, looking to get your “dream car” ASAP, or if your “dream car” is a 99-04 Mustang GT…thennnn idk :lol

But, no you are very incorrect on “blowing 1-2k on a Civic and not getting it back”. You can find a deal on a 92-00 Civic and drive that and get 35+MPG until you find what you want after saving a bunch of money and most likely sell that Civic for 500-1000 more than what you got it for given it runs great and has no major rust/damage etc, and given that you got a deal on it. Trust me, I’ve done it many of times which is why my winter car/daily has always been a Civic. You most likely won’t have to put any money into it.

Just don’t be a dope with your money and you’ll be fine. Don’t go buying any Honda you see because you think its cheap enough, like Murrdog9000 did and spend $1,200 on a jalopy that you’d be VERY lucky to even get that back out of it on re-sale.

Also if you’re driving your current Mustang everyday now, why sell it. Just drive that until May or so and then get something and maybe by then there will be more money in your bank/pocket to spend on a nicer car.

you’ve got a warranty, use it.

Yah because I really got ripped off on my car…

Warranty ran out on the car so no luck there

My “dream caR” is obviously not a gt mustang lol… Its just my “Dream car” thats under 7000 that I can afford lol. Everyone has a 1mil + worth dream car. Which is what I want :smiley:

The problem with using my car until may is that… two alternators cost me 400$ ( 1 replaced free). 120 for a new battery. 75$ for towing (my car stopped RANDOMLY on i87) and a few hundred more for parts and repairs.

Im scared keeping this car for any longer will cost me another grand in parts… I want to get rid of it ASAP

Yeah, you did. I wouldn’t have paid more than $500 for that.

I paid almost $1,000 less than you did and got a car with lower miles, 5 speed, new snow tires, new exhaust, needed nothing but a $20 hood latch, and a radio which I have and I’ll get $1,000-$1,100 for it with zero problem…AND it has successfully gotten me where I needed everyday with no issues. Great investment.

Im just as happy with my purchase as well so I don’t understand why your so concerned about what I payed for my car.

sucks on the warranty, your mustang sounds like a dumper and should do a trade in at metro ford, they’ve got a bunch out front last time i drove by few weeks ago.

i don’t have a 1mil dream car.

So then keep it for sale and buy a cheap Civic that’s in good shape. Mine is a '93 5 speed Civic that I got for under $500 and I haven’t done a thing to it other than a $20 easy fix and I drive it everyday to school & work. I’ll be able to sell it with NO issue when I’m done with it in a month or so.

so where do you suggest I look for a “daily driving civic” ?

www.albany.craigslist.com

You got ripped hard and are most likely going to take a loss on it. I’m not concerned one bit, you shared what you paid for it and I shared my thoughts. Someone with some knowledge would’ve looked at it and said, nope not paying that or atleast offered less.

Thank you, and I’ve made my point.

^^^:thumbup Right there. Also, never pay asking price. Always offer less. Good luck.

You seem to bring it up on the forum often to try and rub it in my face. I bought it from a friend of the family, who is a mechanic, and have had no problems that have been the cars fault so far. Im glad you got your car for cheap and that it runs well, that’s great. Maybe I could of found a better deal, but I didn’t feel like waiting and I knew the guy wasn’t out to screw me.

Buy my 2004 Honda Accord. 4cyl 5speed, so it’s fast, 111k so its reliable, $9500 so it’s cheap!

How much do you plan to sell it for in a month and where did you find it so cheap?

for some weird reason my mind is telling me 9500$ is expensive for that car lol

$9500 obo?