Suggestions?

I am looking to pick up a new (used) vehicle over the course of winter to bring out in the spring. I’ve never really had anything “fast” and honestly dont need anything that will be super fast, id probably just get myself in trouble lol. But I DO want something thats sporty and fun with some good pick up.

I drove a STS-V a few months back, and REALLY enjoyed it. I have found a few 2006-2007’s in my price range $20-25k.

What else would you guys suggest looking into that would somewhat be in the same ball park in performance/price? Im really not looking for something someone has hacked the hell out of, and really like the idea of a “factory” performance.

I have never driven a vehicle with a manual transmission. I really dont want to get something in this price range to “learn” on, so will need to be an auto.

Looking for a 2006 or newer
$20-25k
2/4 door doesnt really matter to me.
Less then 50k miles preferably

Thanks guys!

go with the caddy dude , there badass or look for a pontiac g8 or gto

CTS-V all the way!

agree , the manuals in the cars are so easy to use u can have em down soon as long as your semi competant

Yeah…I just remembered I asked this here before LOL. The time has come to finally think about pulling the trigger one one.

I just feel iffy about trying to learn and screwing something up. I most likely wont find anything local and will probably fly out and drive back (if its within a day or 2 drive) and dont want to pick up the car knowing NOTHING

I DONT BLAME YA , PICK UP SOME BEATER STICK CAR TO LEARN ON THEN GET SUTTIN NICE . IM TALKIN A THOUSAND DOLLAR BEATER .

Who has a beater laying around? lol

look in the for sale section lol

The V series cadillacs are pretty fast bro lol

Oh I know. The one I got to drive really quick, I didn’t really get a chance to open it up, but it seemed to move out for such a large vehicle. Hell damn near anything compared to my hog of a mountaineer will seem like a rocket. I’m pretty sure something like that in stock trim would suit me for a while. But then again, who knows if I’ll get hit with the mod bug after that

I can teach you how to drive my car, and then you can buy it from me lol

cts-v all the way. LS6 ftw

i feel like you posted this exact thread atleast 2 other times lol just getta car already!

If you can’t drive a standard but still want a decent driving experience, and you want to shift faster than anyone on this forum, look for a GTI with the dsg tranny. You still get to play with paddles too, so you’ll feel way cool.

20-25k will get you a nice cobra.Actually, one can be had for around 15K. Not really a ford or mustang fan but, For what they are, and what they can be made into for very cheap, Id go with a 03 cobra. If youre looking for a more luxury end and high end stuff, An 06 srt jeep can be had for 25K now. AWD great year round luxury vehicle. Fast stock, with about 3 grand into them they can go low 12’s. Thats going to be my next vehicle for sure without a doubt.

Terminator > CTS-V

Hahaha it was once! I’ve been looking for something, my original plan was to get something this winter, i figure I could find a better deal then.

I’d like something a little newer then 03, but what do the cobra’s do in stock trim?

alot faster then a CTS-V

cts-v…400hp and 4200lbs

or 03/04 terminator…390hp, 3800lbs

pully, tune and exhaust on the cobra and your looking at 450rwhp+.

ls6 cts-v you need full bolt on’s and a very very healthy cam, or in most cases a head/cam package to make that power, then its still 400+lbs heavier.

wayne64ss would prolly sell his termi vert . and ya wanna talk about well maintained its his . he just did a new clutch also so it wont hurt it to bad when learning lolol .and his made serious power for whats in it

How about something like a Trailblazer SS? Somewhat quick, room inside for your big stereo and should be in your price range.

I dont remember if any are awd or if theyre all 2wd though.