I need a dsm keyboard racer

buddy of mine wants to race

he’s got a talon with:

Eagle Rods, Ross Pistons, Clevite 55 Bearings, Internaly Balanced and Blueprinted, 8:5:1 compression ratio, ARP Mains and Head studs, 2g Head with HKS 272/272 steet/drag cams, manley stainless valves, springs, and retainers. built tranny which was built by Team Rip Engineering, 3" Exhaust, Greddy Type RS Blow Off Valve, External Dump,Fluidyne Racing Radiator, Apexi Front Mount Intercooler, GM MAF Sensor and Translator

right now it’s on a 16g running 15 psi, but his next mod is a Garrette GT30R with 25 psi…

roughly, what does he run?

The bigger question is
Does it still run since you talked to him last?

oh snap. i dunno pretty quick… 12 seconds? high 11’s?

Those are the only important things listed.

A 16g at 15psi? Like mid 13’s.

yeah, i was assuming 30r.

on second thought, it depends on whether the flatbed is turbo diesel or not…

Dan, are you scared to play catch up?

Mods don’t mean shit if the driver is retarded.

No way. As soon as the DSM hits the flatbed, the flatbed will break by association.

:rofl:
Jesse. i’m surprised you can’t get away from dsm’s after ls1 :rofl:

mid to low 13’s. depends on the driver. S-AFC or Link?

Not fast enough :dunno:

if you cant get him with C.I.D. get him with G.V.W.

ha… i never said i thought he was gonna beat me… i was just curious on what he would run. It really will need one of those driver mods. Not saying i’m god’s gift to driving, but he has never even been to a track, blah blah blah.

he has dsm link, APEXi4g63

and it actually does not run at the moment. he has to go get it dyno tuned.

Is this a K-Town car as well?

Tell him I said he’s slow, go home.

Yup… 16g on a fully built motor :rofl: = turd

You goin from a roll or a Dig? If he’s never been to the track before it’s not gonna matter. From a roll, the 16g will be out of breath by the top of 3rd. From a Dig, he’s more than likely not goin to know how to launch it. It’s honestly hard to say an exact time though. I had a “400whp” WRX talk shit on my car, finally got him to show up at the track and he can’t break out of the 13’s. Sad thing is I know who tuned it, and it actually has 400whp (on a DynoJet)

Ever hear of Curt Brown?

Yup, I know Curt… a good friend of mine used to share a garage with him. Curt does not count tho… he is one of the few that can actually build a dsm that runs great.

I believe the tuning on Curts car was done by Nate from TPG. Curt is amember here maybe he can confirm that?

yeah he’s a k-town car. there’s a whole 4 fast ones up here.

dunno if he wants to race from a roll or a dig… i could care less… roll racing is gay and if we go from a dig (at the prp preferably) I will be on my quick time pro’s… so he isn’t gonna out 60’ me even with awd

have you always been in Kittanning? Never noticed that… . :dunno:

yeah… moved to kittanning in 7th grade… i’m 22 now… and take a couple years outta that time frame from me being in the military.