I need an small business accountant

Does anybody know of a decent small business accountant. I’m in the process of setting something up but do need a little guidence.

Any of you guys out there that run small biz…do you have an accountant? Who are they? Would you recomend them?

Thanks guys…

i recommend the accountant i use. Phirip Yap.

do you need a financial accountant or managerial accountant?

I really need some help with financial accounting, specifically with respect to taxation and:

1. What can/can not be considered a business expense?
  2. Methods of accounting for various financing?
  3. Small business grants and exemptions?
    blah blah blah.

Basically want to understand all the benefits available to me.

happy

send me a list of all your questions

my cousin is a damn good financial accountant. I can send him your quetions, tell him its for a friend of mine, and see what he says about it all.

Thanks Matty - that is a very generous offer. The only problem I have is I don’t know what I don’t know.

I don’t know all of the questions to ask…

Dan, are you incorporating? If not, there isn’t a lot to know since you just file the taxes with your personal taxes each year - the only difference is that you get an extra month to prepare before they are due.

Also just a tip because you may or may not know, you can claim losses for the first 3 years of business and I suggest you take advantage of that but more importantly make damn sure that by the 3rd year you aren’t turning a loss because if you are, they aren’t going to give you shit all for it.

I have an awesome accountant for you, email me to remind me to get her info to you.

Thanks John Boy!!

I left you a voicemail, let me know how things work out.