I need my pan tapped on my 5.0

Someone want to do it or where should I take it?

P&J and Kennedy’s wont do it unless they install the blower, Hybrid doesnt want to do it, and I really dont want to take the chance doing it myself.

Help me out NYSpeeders

ps: car is a 91 mustang 5.0 stock pan

what size fitting?

i just went to lowes and bought a fitting the size i needed, drilled a hole in the oil pan and had a welding shop weld the fitting in there. then u can just screw the oil fitting in there

We’re happy to do it with the pan off of the car.

oh my; yea if u want it done on the car i would not reccomend that at all!! metal shavings in ur engine are not good

When we (BDR5OH and I) tapped my pan, I had my timing chain cover off so if there was any shavings in the pan i got them all out with a magnet. I’ts alot easier to do with the car in the air. If you don’t wanna take the timing cover off put vaseline on the tap and that should keep the shavings outta the pan, then Immediately do an oil change. It’s really not that hard, I would help but I’m really busy until some time next week, so if You haven’t found anybody till then PM me.

on corral i heard about using vaseline and my brother told me about just punching it and using a magnet and flushing twice but i really dont know if i want to do it myself

im way more of a fan of bulkhead fittings

pull pan, drill hole, install fitting, reinstall pan

its never a bad idea to pull the pan, gaskets are almost always cheap and it gives you a chance to wash all the OTHER shit out of the pan, in the process, clear the oil pickup screen and such

:word:

This may be a stupid question but…

Are you talking about your oil pan?
Why do you need it tapped?

^^^ yes he is, blower oil return

I am guessing Vortech supercharger that needs an oil return line

get ahold of bdr5oh and have him do it

meh pull the pan and do it urself…i have taps if u need them…if i have ur size

best route. /nutshell.

i have seen a lot of thoes bulkhead fittings leak

somedudes car is a cast aluminium oil pan which i had to do some heavy grinding on to have a flat surface, then just used a metal / rubber washer on each side and tighted it down enought that it wont ever move, no leaks yet

pull the pan and weld a fitting on there… thats what i do

$60 ill do it in the car … im kinda a pro at it

lol derrick i asked you from the getgo!

ill give u a call early in the week and ill even make u dinner :wink:

btw for all u guys that say “just pull the pan” i wish i could if the motor didnt have to be pulled out about halfway for the pan to clear the suspension

^^^^ ive owned 3 mustangs, my family has owned 3 thunderbirds, and on top of THAT my dads had 2 more ford wagons of that era

so needless to say, been there, done that, got the tshirt, used it as a rag the next time i had to do it … its realy not that hard, and allows you to clean the pan spotless in the process