i need passed for emissions

i just got a damn 110.00 ticket and i put 200 into my car already to get it to pass. of course it wont for some reason. they say its failing at the tailpipe for some reason. i got new plugs wires and 02sensor and i still wont pass. anyone know of a place that wont be so “strict” :naughty: pm me.

i thought if you did so much work and still can’t pass they give you some exemption. :dunno: I think places are more willing to let you slide on safety inspection rather than emissions, those fines are nothing to fuck with.

who stopped you frank?

silly frank
should have kept your dsm lol

wish i knew who you where!!

any og members know him??

yep I do

$180 in emissions related repairs = free pass for 1 year!

thoes fuckers told me 500 bucks then they would let me slide. i dunno whats the deal with not passing emissions with my car. when i got it from va. the dude gave me tons of recipts for all the maintaince and he even threw in the printouts that have the shit to say it passed. maybe pa is more strict but it keeps failing at the tailpipe. i guess pre 96 cars have that test or something. i got a new 02 sensor but i got it on a big discount from my buddy who works at a autoparts store for 20 bucks. i got new plugs and wires too but i dont think thats 120.00 though. anyone that can hook me up ill give you a few bucks or something.

what year of car do you have??? to get a Waiver, you have to have $150 worth of work done… and a Emissions repair Technician can issue a waiver, not an inpector. hth PM i will give more info if youd like

i got a 94 integra gsr. i got a place thats gonna hook me up. thanks for the help guys

it has to be a proven $150 in parts and labor, if its installed by urself sometimes they wont let it slide…im an emmissions/inspection mechanic, i just make sure my junk is exempt (under 5k) every year…thats a free pass.

x2

roll back the odometer to les than 5000/year and you’re golden.

ps. i’m just joking

BTW: you could try to ask the mechanic why it is failing and what part or parts may fix it though instead of trying to get someone to pass it for you.

i got it done. cost me 55 bucks total :smiley: thanks for the help tho guys

If yens will quit taking off the emmission parts. yens would not have a problem… get it inspected and disconnect the cable after a few 100 miles

I have a question that no one has been able to answer with a definite answer… My truck hasn’t been inspected for ~2 years. Since the last time it was inspected, I have put 8,000 miles on it approximately. Now is it 5,000 per year or 5,000 since it was last inspected?

ur exempt

pewter…how bout this…

i got a civic over 1yr ago, from a friend in NJ. we trailored it back to Pgh, and its been sitting since then & we did a motor swap.

so its hasn’t been inspected for over a yr & that previous time was a NJ inspection.

how will that work when i go to get it inspected later this month.

is my first time exempt?

has the title been in ur name for 365 days?

damn…nope…i see what you mean.
he just gave me the signed title when i picked up the car.
i haven’t registered it yet.