i pod or ??

yup… ihave a 512. i like phillips and iriver and sony as well.

i hate apple / macs / ipods / bono / u2

With all things apple, you pay for the “design”, the “alternative club” feeling, marketing and packaging. I guarantee the apple will come in the nicest box… but, there is much better value out there.

I was thinking of getting something like this, but it doesn’t pick up satelite broadcasts without a dock… yet. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Dbrc5CZX5xE/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=250050&I=607S50

i don’t have a portable MP3…just MP3 headunit in the car.

have no use for a portable right now…I drive to work so no real use for it…if i rode the bus or walked i’d have something…maybe even a PSP

back in the day when i lived in oakland & walked eveywhere & before mp3 players were popular I had a samsung phone with built in MP3…it was only 64MB which was big @ the time…LOL
that phone was the shit.

i’d go ipod. when it comes to electronics, alot of times its the old ‘u get what u pay for’ thing.

:rolleyes:

im just sayin. its not like ipods r $1000. so i’d rather spend the extra 50-100 and know ur gettin quality

well it was stated that the hardware can be superior in other forms of mp3 players… and that the IPOD’s price is reflected because you get a pretty box…

i’m not saying buy something ‘cheap’… i’m just saying… take an ipod you like and compare it to creative, san, phillips, iriver and see what they both look like spec’d out side by side…

there isn’t a whole bunch to go wrong with a mp3 player…

i probably would not have gotten an ipod if my car didnt have a wire to plug it in.

when your typical trendy pussy buys an ipod do they realize proboly $50 from that sale is going to the most annoying band ever?

I have a dell DJ 20 gig. I got mine for like 220 with one of those elastic arm band thingys for the gym. You can go onto slickdeals.net or ecoupons.com and look for coupons for them. Dell always has stackable coupons. I used 3 coupons when it first came out to save $100.
Dells special features over the IPOD
its can play .wma files where the IPOD can’t.
I can transfer songs or files back on to my computer/a friends computer.
It is seen as a USB storage device. Very useful.

I got a Creative Zen Xtra Jukebox 40 gig for like $250 last year…I like it, easy to use and not a bunch of bs. creative.com

my friend has one of them…from what he’s said & i’ve seen…they are decent & you can get them cheap with coupons

i git a 60 gig Ipod color

its awesome and was great for a storage device while i was away…the prices dropped drastically since i bought mine…you can get a 60 gig for 299 now. new

Average cost to build a iPod Photo 39gb = 91 dollars.

Price from Apple = 399

What a fucking markup.

I am begining to be sucked in by macs and their ease of use… but… I have NO NEED for one. I game… games for macs are limited to like Halo 1 and Warcraft lol.

LIke I said before, stay away from the Nanos, screens crack like crazy and their NOT covered under warranty. I borrowed one from work and had it in my pocket and cracked it. Ive since taken out another nano and ive been careful with it. I am taking it back to take out a iPr0n(ipod video)