Needed: A little insight about Ipods.

Could this statement be considered true?

IPOD > *

Because, it is christmas time, and my parents have no idea what to get me.

I have heard good things and bad things. And I have researched around online, but a lot of stuff seems biased.

I have always had a MP3 cd player in my car, but it can only hold 150 +/- songs or so. And as of lately, I’ve been wanting 1000’s of songs to choose from (roadtrips and such not).

And the main concern is work. I work in a toll booth as most of you know. And you can listen to music. I hate having to lug around a boombox, so most of the time I bring nothing…meaning 8 hours of The Edge :bloated:.

And one of the girls there, brings her ipod mini, and a docking station that can play music (made by JBL). And I envy her so much for it.

So for the purposes I need served, such as versatility, using it for my car, and using it for work… Is an ipod my best bet?

I have heard of better and cheaper mp3 players. But do they have the support and accesories (such as docking stations that play music)???

I DO NOT WANT TO LISTEN TO MUSIC THROUGH HEADPHONES FOR 8 HOURS. Headphones will block out other sounds, such as patrons, and the thruway radio.

I also want a speaker system that is compact, and one piece. I don’t want tons of wires etc. etc.

Thanks.

:tup:

ipod + Bose Docking Station for teh win!

buy something other than an ipod. besides ipods are pretty much sold out now anyways.

you are fucking on crack

“lets take overpriced crap, dock it in overpriced crap, and say we like it!!! yea!!! cause its expensive it must be good!!”

i got the m:robe from the ratshackk hold 5gb, it is awesome, and u dont have to fuck w/ iTunes

shh!! silence… coming from the person who suggested going with some other piece of shit mp3 player!!

ipod is easiest to use… and for 400 bucks for a 60 gig …with video how can you go wrong?

EDIT: iTunes is easy to use… its a goood program for music management…

You guys are only answering half of his question

I think he is more interested in the Speaker Acessories

itunes sucks, using propiatary (sp) software FTL

$400 is way too much to spend on something that is gonna fall apart. just ask don. it will either be the wheel or the battery or the hdd failing.

the only ONLY ONLY ONLY ONLY redeeming factor is that ipods have a huge aftermarket following.

at the end of everything, its your money. you can waste it if you wish. keep in mind i sell ipods and i see the problems. trust me go with something else.

u can get speaker ac. for any mp3 player. i cant think of one i have seen that hasnt had an AUX input.

I love my 60 gb video.

I also thought about getting the bose docking system. If I don’t get that one there are a ton of 3rd party stuff you and use for ipods. There isn’t that much for other mp3 players. Thats why I got an ipod.

Edit - if it breaks oh well i have the 3 year warrenty on it. After 3 years is up I’ll get a 8 terabyte ipod :tup:

SO.

I can buy an Ipod docking station…and just plug the “other brand” MP3 player into the AUX…and not dock it…just listen to music through it?

AND.

What other mp3 players are better/cheaper?

yeah i know that.

but i dont want computer speakers hooked up to it. I want like a one peice small, versatile speaker system.

:word:

A friend has the Bose dock and I think it sounds like shit.
Klipsch just came out with a dock but I have not heard it yet.
Klipsch>Bose

I just bought the new 60gb video iPOD and it has been great, so far.

i just bought a 30g video ipod and love it, no problems,
if you buy it from the apple store and you are a student you get a discount too

i think i will end up buying a 30g video ipod.

or even if i can find an older non-video ipod.

i dont care about music videos, and stupid shit like that

function/price > form.

ipod > * Fuck the haterz… THey are just jealous kuz they dont have the hotness that is an ipod. The iTunes software rox, the Features and navigation on the iPod Rox, The sheer amount of accessories rox. Everyone else is just trying to play catch up. The Bose dock is sweet but very expensive… I’d say grab some comptuer speakers and hook it up… they wont charge… but you can get a wall charger for like 15 bux, and an awesome set of comptuer speakers for like 100 that’ll blow the bose dock outa the water.
Stereo Advantage has lots of iPods since I left last night at 5… If you can’t find it anywhere else go there… or go there and dont waste your time looking.

Apple store is nice for student discount but they wont have till after xmas.

i was looking at this one.

http://www.hardwarezone.com/img/data/nnews/2005/3075/Image/8.JPG

sound quality doesn’t matter to me, as much as being able to drop it and have it be okay.

especially because I’ll only use it when i work…and i drop a lot of things at work.

ill pick up a nicer one that will stay at home with me.

Just so you know… drop ANY hard drive based mp3 player and it becomes a useless pile of parts instantly

im not worried about the ipod.

ill keep that in my pants :wink:

but in the cold, with slippery snow and shit.

im pretty sure i could drop that beefy case shown above, and have minimal consequences.

THEN WHY THE HELL ARE YOU GETTING AN IPOD!!!???

and i have that speaker system at my store, the sound is meh, but it does charge the ipod without being plugged in.