Needed: A little insight about Ipods.

Plenty of better choices out there than the iPod in terms of price/performance. However you won’t find speakers specifically designed to work with it usually. All down to personal preference. But the aftermarket for it is huge, and there isn’t much that can touch it.

Beck, do yourself a favor and search on Google for “Ipod Review” or something similar you lazy slacker…

get a PSP or a PDA and go nuts :slight_smile: lol

My brother has an IPod. No problems. My parents bought him a nifty docking thing for x-mas, because I said “hey, he’d probably like that” and they agreed, since they had nothing else to buy him . :slight_smile:

i love how people hate on teh ipod cause of the sucess it has made…

iPod has made a name for it self… and not cause it is a piece of shit… but because it is good and people buy it… thats like saying oh your STi sucks… my beretta GTU i better… buy one cause its cheaper and does the same thing…

well when it comes down to it… the ipod like the STi is teh better choice for performance and mods… as to where the beretta would a piece of shit… altho it may work fine… but there are not many accessories or aftermarket shit for it…

does that help sum it up better?

iPod > a Majority of other mp3 Players…

hey, don’t be bustin on the beretta

How did you get a 3 year warranty on it. AppleCare for iPods only add 1 year.

My work still have the 30GB and 60GB in stock at academic prices. $269 for the 30, $369 for the 60. PM me if interested.

There is an iBoom, which is a boom box that docks and charges the iPod. Preety cool for what you want to do.

Archos and Creative make nice MP3 players too, but Apple has the market covered. Plus there are soooooo many accessories for them.

You can always buy my extra 6GB iPod Mini silver that I have on ebay. I just sold my blue and green models.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5842244794&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

got it through best buy.

ipods = lot of money for a name

get a noname mp3 player.

i bought the philips hdd1630 (6gb) holds photos… color screen, 18 hour playback… no complaints yet… 200 bucks from walmart… holds about 1500 songs…

NO

apple just has a really good marketing department. sound quality mainly comes from the file being played and the headphones/speakers. the ipod is just made like poop.

Laptop?

MP3 CD player?

How does apple have a good marketing department? I’ve played with many different iPod like MP3 players and I still like the menu system and functionality of my iPod. You pay at most $50 more for it being an ipod… almost ALL mp3 player’s that I’ve seen w/ 30GB go form 249-300… so how is that paing way more $$$?

Dropping it doesn’t hurt it as much as you’d think… Any HD based MP3 player loads into about a 64mb cache then stops the HD… so the chance of the head smacking the platters is reduced… I’ve droped my iPod plenty of times.
The only issue I’ve had with my iPod is when I fucked it up wiring the Ghia w/ a 12v outlet for my FM transmitter / charger. Negative to positive, positive to negative fried the Comm board. Still charged… still played through headphones… but some of the dock functions (transfering from computer, and using the FM transmitter I have) got fried.

Haterz can hate… but I researched MP3 players w/ HD’s and I played around with a bunch… and some came close to the ipod for almost the same price… yet there were still no accy’s for them.

ummm ipod is the best…dont flame apple, they make great products and i have had mine for a year and half without a single problem, battery is even still good. i know ppl with 1st gen ipods that are still perfect. menu is best ive seen, EVER. touch pads rock, i can fly through those damn menus like its nobodys business, and i love the organization as well, anyone who doesnt like ipods is most likely a hater

I love my ipod. The cases are the shit. I bought a mini for my girl and I have one. Ive dropped mine like 8 times works great, she dropped her’s coming out of the gym and nothing, not even a scratch, and I was hesitant to get cases, but it secures your investment.

Target on the Boulevard still has a bunch of them, I was there this morning. I believe they had all varieties, but with only one black 60 giga bities left.

Bunches of 30 giga bities.