I ripped up my base, more-so than before

Last night I took a good chunk out of my board in the rail park.
The gash is a couple mm’s deep.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1581

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1582

There is material raised next to the gash, i.e. the base flipped out and is still hanging there, if that makes any sense. Can anything be done, as far as sanding it down/filling it etc.?

i’m sure something can be done. take out the part thats “hanging” there and just wax it up real good. That should work right?

what park were you at?

fill it with fiberglass resin and buff er out

You mean, cut the hanging part off and then fill it in with wax? I’m looking for a more permanent solution, so I dont have to wax it over and over again.

I might take it to skimarket and see what they say, or if coldaccord responds I’m sure he’s good with this kind of stuff too.

This was at the KB terrain park last night.

Thats definitly fixable you have to buy the stuff the bottom is made out of (forget what its called) and melt it and fill it in and sand it I think.

ptex it I think its called. def fixable by any shop.

i had a pretty bad gash on the bottom of my board. i think i took it to buffalo boards and they filled it. i think its called petex or something

Does it have to be all the way through before you have to worry about the board delaminating? I don’t care all that much, except that it’s a 500 dollar board, I just got it last year, and the pop and flex is absolutely perfect for all-over freestyle.

If they can fix all the scratches and gashes on this board, I’ll probably get a softer board just to destroy in the park next season

that sucks dudeeeeeeeeeeeeee… fill it with a wood filler… or epoxy lol… and wax the shit out of it… keep it waxed… thats what id do… but im poor

You won’t have to worry about delaminating. That is typically when there is damage close to the edge. Or when the scratch penetrates through the base into the core. If that happens, moisture can get in there, and when it freezes; it expands, and creates a gap in the material

You could ptex it, but it will reject the ptex. it will not last long, it never does. I can’t really see it too well from the pic. but if there is material (from the gash) rising above the surface of the base (by above I dont mean towards the topsheet/core, I just mean protruding from the base) it can be ground down very easily and just fill it with wax.

if it is deeper you could use a two part epoxy just to seal it to prevent moisture.

or you can drop it off to a shop (like urban) where we do all of those things

ive fixed worse with the ptex. just melt it in and smooth it out.

Yikes, the gouge goes right to the edge. It actually stops right at the metal.

i had mine fixed at Ski Market… mine was really deep too, but didn’t have to ptex it, just filled it. didn’t cost much either.

another reason to have a junk board for rails

it looks like it shallows out before the edge.

its tough to tell from the pics though.

bring it to urban, we usually do that stuff for a very nominal fee, or free if you pay for a tune.

That’s nothing. I work at Ski Sale & Buffalo Boards and tune all the skis and boards that come in. I’ve seen much worse than that, actually this morning lol. Fixing it and making it look good by yourself at your house probably won’t work. Actually I can pretty much guarantee (sp?) that it will most likely look like shit. Getting it fixed/tuned at a ski/board shop will make it look brand new (or at least it should, I don’t know how well other shops are at fixing shit). It’s as easy as sanding it down, filling it with P-tex, sanding it smooth, polishing her up, and waxing it up. Cake.

Take it to a shop.

An inexperienced person can fuck it up.