I think its time we socialize the oil industry.

^^^ Case in point here…

Venezuela nationalized it’s oil companies (which also includes Citgo, BTW), and yet, new development has dropped off dramatically - ExxonMobil and ConocoPhillips have even bailed on the country (Part of that also included a “I want the Orinoco projects” that was pulled by Chavez, though).

Despite all that (and cheap, regulated gas), Venezuela still can’t improve their own economy significantly (even though Chavez has spread some petrodollars around the region to buy off support). And many of the mid-level managers in these companies have bailed as the government installed their own cronies - so the oil expertise is vanishing from there too.

Once recognized as a world leader among state-owned companies, PDVSA today is a troubled entity struggling to cope with responsibilities that far exceed merely pumping oil.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/world/2007-04-04-venezuela-1b-usat_N.htm

Hehehehe

I was just kidding, but seriously STFU. Just kidding, Seriously:)

Truly I want more free trade and less government control over anything. The government doesn’t know it’s ass from a hole in the ground why should I trust them in doing anything?

Obama wants to tax bullets! Awesome fggt.

He owns a machine shop, but what I was saying is that the decisions he makes does not influence the economy as much as oil companies do. So the whole argument that I would be calling for government ownership of my dads shop was invalid.

but oil companies do not control the price of oil. So how do their decisions effect the economy?

I heard a 500% tax on ammo

:banghead:

What do gun collectors need bullets for? Bullets should be fucking expensive if you don’t buy them from a shooting range. I mean who cares if it costs $150 for a clip if you’re only going to use it when your life is in danger

You realize people shoot guns for sport out side of shooting ranges???

Ok fine, and riffle rounds can be inexpensive at hunting stores after you get a background check

:banghead:

tax tax tax

word. A LOT of people do… probably a majority of lower-middle class too.

so much for giving them a break :banghead: (don’t even get me started on cigarettes)

Ok there were only 2 things that I hated in this world, now there are 3.

1. hippies
  2. commies
  3. ppl who think like JoesTypeS & StrokedZ28

I think we should heavily tax RAP and MTV for creating idiots.

Ouch, I don’t think you should tax the bullets anymore than anything else. And I have been more or less convinced that socializing the oil industry wouldn’t truly work.

So what else don’t you like about me?

I was just playing, I don’t hate you guys because of your beliefs, that would be un-American!

But I really do hate hippies and commies and MTV.

if they tax my ammo 500% I will only need 1 bullet to get back at them for it.

x2

At least MTV from 1993 to today.

And if you can’t afford it, I’ll chip in. :wink:

A 500% tax on ammo is probably the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. All it does is punish the legitimate gun owner who likes to shoot for sport, while doing nothing to stop the criminal who wants to occasionally fire randomly into a crowd. Lets face it, if you want to go on a shooting spree you’ll probably just buy your ammo on a credit card figuring you’re not going to be around to pay the bill anyway.

I hate guns… but I think 500% tax on ammo is fucking stupid too. I do think its hilarious that Exxon mobil and Chevron have posted their best quarters of all time. Who was the jackass that said it was the middle man that was making money ?