GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work

This just might ! work.

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It's worthy of your consideration.

Join the resistance! I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a gallon by summer and it might possibly go higher! Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy gas on a certain day' campaign that was going around earlier! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to 'hurt' ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us! By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..... not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of 2007, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out at this point.... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people.      I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us sends it to at least ten more (30 x 10 =3D 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =3D 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION! consumers. If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! 

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am, so trust me on this one.)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?

Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.

lol.

just pay the 4 bucks a gallon and stfu.

:spam:

I’m just going to take a shit in front of the pumps each time I fill up. That should reduce demand.

Moron.

Seriously, the next person to make one of these posts should get one month ban.

Some reading:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/18492185/

And some more, countering the suggestion of people who read the first article to boycott just one brand:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/18615572/

lol I’m just passing the message on… I cant wait to put $5 a gallon into my car :tdown:

The price per gallon of gas is not within a consumer’s circle of influence.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b76/BikerFry/influence.jpg

Want your gas bill to go down? Drive fewer miles in a more efficient vehicle.

Meh $5 isn’t that bad, I kind of hope it happens so more diesels make their way to the US.

I just filled up $2.83/gal. on Monday :slight_smile:

[quote=“BikerFry,post:7,topic:29440"”]

[/quote]

Fuck that I wanna ride a llama, or in a rickshaw pulled by Dr. Phil.

How about seeing Dr. Phil pulling a llama in a rickshaw?

Where’s fuzzy? Make it happen!
http://www.yican.com.au/1935/images/rickshaw.jpg
http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/breeds/other/llama/llama1.jpg
http://behavioralhealth.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/drphil.gif

That would be fucking awesome.

[quote=“Way2Slow,post:6,topic:29440"”]

lol I’m just passing the message on… I cant wait to put $5 a gallon into my car :tdown:

[/quote]

Looking at the car in your sig, you’re part of the reason gas prices are high. But don’t feel bad, I am too.

I do my part by only driving 2 miles to work each day. Even at 15mpg in town, driving < 10k a year makes me more green than the guy with the 30mpg civic driving 25k a year.

But I’m sorry, I can’t accept the excuse of, “Just passing long the message”. The message was stupid, and stupidity can stop with you. :slight_smile: These gas boycott ideas are really a huge pet peave of mine, because they show how stupid this country is. As the article I posted pointed out, it would only take a 1 or 2 percent reduction in demand to make a huge impact on the price at the pump, but people won’t make simple changes. Instead they forward stupid emails like this, because the make believe solution is something that requires them to do absolutely nothing different. Well guess what, when you do nothing, you get nothing.

It’s easier for people to forward an email and feel like they’ve done something for the good of the world, than to actually make changes in their driving habits.

so sick of these stupid emails. someone sent one of these out to all 23,000 people in my company, i hope they got fired.

[quote=“TonyDanza,post:14,topic:29440"”]

so sick of these stupid emails. someone sent one of these out to all 23,000 people in my company, i hope they got fired.

[/quote]

:jawdrop: If not fired, then beaten. Not verbally. Like, with a bat.

What Way2Slow stated is not a bad idea. With Exxon reporting RECORD profits for the last 2 quarters…this makes you wonder how screwed we are as vehicle owners are. I refuse to purchase gasoline from Exxon or Mobile. If millions of people refused to purchase gasoline from a specific manufacturer, they would have to open their eyes and wonder why. We can all thank the Bush administration for this too but that’s another topic.

Or if a not-for-profit agency started piping oil to Earth from the moon, prices would go down too. Just as likely…

I’m just sick people spreading these fucking retarded emails trying to use a pipe dream to keep it cheap for them to drive to work in 6000 pound SUV’s.

Basically, the non-boycotted companies will bump prices even higher to reflect the demand.

Won’t work.

Why hasn’t the government stepped in and tapped the reserves? Or why have they not taken the Oil companies to court like they did Microsoft? Because they make $$$ from the taxes. Why should Congress pass any laws? Those fuckers all have expense accounts and don’t pay for shit.

FYI

4 bucks a gallon is still cheap.

STFU and move to europe.