I want a full exhuast...

err im lookin for a full exhuast system for my R1, cuz I heard an R1 today, a 99, and it had full exhaust system on it, and it sounded like straight thunder i was like :wow :bowdown pretty much, so I want to get something simular on my bike too… because my micron is HELLA quiet its like a silencer and no silencer is installed in it, the engine is louder than the exhaust LOL

EDIT: oh shit forgot to say whole purpose was, anyone have recomendations, brand names or kits they have some links too ? wanna check them out, seen a used system on ebay looks good but the god damn headers are dented from bike bottom out, but I think my stock headers are dented too not sure, i bottomed out once already… damn lowered bikes…

EDIT 2:

heres the kit i found

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180248681612&rd=1

i bidded cuz, if i get it for 350 (max bid) or less… then what ever thats awesome… so see what happens but 80% sure im gonna get outbid or even if i win the reserve no met might not sell it to me

:open_mouth: no ideas? i’ll just keep bidding for this until it goes over 400 ish

There is virtually no sound difference between a slipon exhaust and a full system. The major difference between the two is that slipon will most likely be lighter then the OEM monstrosity of an exhaust (especially if you get carbon or Titanium cans) and you will indeed get a nicer sound note. The actual sound is much more dependent on the brand name of the system rather then the fact whether it’s full or not.

Full systems however are worth the money because you end up saving even more weight (replacing even more parts) and you do actually get a horspepower benefit of having it. However to fully take advantage of the full system it gets expensive as you will need a power commander or something of the sorts to remap your stock ECU to tune to the better flow of your new system.

In summary, if you want just the new sound, go on youtube and see if anybody posted clips of their exhausts. If you want power, get a full system instead of a slipon.

Trusted brands are Holeshot, M4 (usually very loud) Akrapovik, TwoBrothers, Leo Vince, Yoshi and a few others.

I cant use powercommander on a carbed setup tho

I MIGHT, probably not, but MIGHT get a jet kit…

i dont know its been a ROYAL pain in the DICK to tune the engine on the zzr600 after jetting the carbs

If ya got the $$$ bring it to a bike shop and have it dyno tuned :nod. Would be nasty fast lol

Joes Cycle shop in Mechanicville has a bike dyno

looks like he set a pretty high reserve…
the seller seems like a fucking idiot.
the damage on the manifold is supposed to be from lowering?
what the fuck did he lower, the bike on the ground after the forks fell off?
can your front tire actually do that much damage from rubbing when suspension bottoms out?
some weird-ass people on ebay…

my bike is lowered and my headers are damaged exactly like that

huh, live and learn.
seems like a waste screwing up the headers like that.

yea i bet, but i didnt do it, bought it like that :slight_smile: dont be mad bro

nah man, the way I see it everyone is free to mess around with their bike however they wish, if it makes them happy.
hell, my bro is planning on swapping the front on his sv so I’ve been contemplating sticking the sv front end on my 250 :wow

ya, alright thats cool :slight_smile:

We’ll see wat happens I also believe the reserve is high… but even if it dont meet the reseve he might jsut sell it to me anywyas, i might go up to 450 for it, i dont know, the headers are dented but to be honest mine are the same way who ever had the bike before me bottomed out, pretty hard, but even i bottomed out, nothing damaing tho, its just very low, so this guys headers being dented, i can believe him, and im sure they are fine

Its jsut heard another R1 with full exhuast and god damn shit was thunder

i re listed it ebcause it didnt sell for the reserve…

350 is my max bid and 50 for shipping so basically 400 bucks, if i get it… cool… if not i dont care its 400 bucks saved

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180251198327&rd=1

for the record i won it for 300 bucks :slight_smile: