I went racing at Mid-Ohio

This track is SO MUCH FUN. We took the GSR DA integra to the chumpcar race yesterday and had a blast. The only downside was one axle swap which took us out of contention for winning, but such a good time it didn’t even matter.

Sorry, @POOPRA wins for the Mid-O vid of the day, throwing down low 1:4Xs in a field of 50 cars

but :tup: anyways :slight_smile:

I did 1:53 with 135 whp in a field of 42 cars on street tires :slight_smile:

where is his video, I want to see.

As someone who’s only done DE and time attack, how do you manage tire pressures/heat in the long races? Do you have to let off for a few laps to keep the tires from getting greasy? Just deal with it and drive them greasy? I assume you’re running star specs or equivalent.

The answer is simple, you don’t drive as hard and learn the car and its needs. to last I would say most laps are 8/10ths of a balls out time attack lap, and every now and then you get into a good fight and amp it up for a while. The traffic and other situation will also help cool tires a bit. Most teams are fighting to get their car to make it the 2 hour max stint times per driver so I’ll start my stint 6/10th, feel the cars around me and work up to 8/10th by 30 mins in… then I’ll look for a few clear laps and go a little harder and try to get some nice lap times. Then I have to back off and consider fuel level and will aim for 8/10th again with a few good battles mixed in.

I’ll keep saying it, but battling wheel to wheel with low power is way more fun than going solo for a fast lap. You should try it sometime, I’ll rent you a seat or tell you about other teams if we are full.

Harvey and I have seriously considered it. I tried to rent a couple seats from crank yankers last season for WGI but they wanted too much money. We tossed around building a car but since neither of us have a shop anymore, it didn’t make sense versus just continuing doing DE’s. It’s definitely something we both want to do, just hasn’t happened yet.