Ice Intercooler

well after reading the site, they seem like a neat idea, but i can see why no serious race team i know of uses them. First off they are absolutly HUGE. Space is always at a premium on race cars, and on a big HP v6 or v8 car, there is just too little room. Secondly the price of dry ice, which can become staggering. Its easier to just use ice water, you can remote mount the tank, and if its properly insulated it will have 35 degree water entering the intercooler, which will still reduce air inlet tempratures to less than ambiant, which is REALLY good for a turbo car. I think that the supercooling of air is presents too many problems for its advantages. The biggest reason for cold air is to prevent detonation, as long as the air is cold enough to do that, you can always stuff more in with proper cylinder heads and a big enough turbo. I rather use a smaller intercooler with slightly more boost, than run that monster. I have what some would consider a huge intercooler, and i can’t imagine fitting one any bigger in my Buick GN chassis.