Ice Riding - 2013

Digging this thread up from the dead.

This weekend (as long as the tires are done) looking to go riding- Wager’s Pond, I’d assume will be good. Not sure about anywhere else.

Anyone planning on riding on the ice this weekend?

supposed to get 1"+ of snow

I was up on sacandaga 2 weekends ago with my klx110 lol had a blast

Snow’s not too big a deal, depending on who’s where- someone usually has a four wheeler with a plow.

So anyone feel like riding Saturday? Myself and my brother(s) are planning on it; I guess Wagers first unless we hear of any other places people are getting together.

Ill consider it but I dont have studs and 2wd will suck in a foot of snow

Eh, between tonight and tomorrow, “they” are only expecting 2 to 4 inches total. So we’ll get like an inch or so, if not a dusting. And it’ll probably blow off the ice anyway. Shouldn’t be a problem at all…

I may at least come by and check it out, will you be there Saturday?

That is the plan, senor! Got some liners cut up and fit last night, should be able to get all the screws in tonight hopefully, get them mounted and crap tomorrow.

I might go there with or without the quad if I dont end up working or having anything to do.

Okay, sick of trying to find a place, we ended up shoveling off a small section of a pond behind a friend’s house in Gansevoort. All I can say is that I definitely miss ice riding, dammit.

I’m gonna check out Wager’s this morning; not sure if anyone’s plowed it at all yet or not. Otherwise, we’re still looking for a decent place to ride- I believe there’s ice racing going on today up at Sacandaga. Anyone know of a decent place to ride on the ice where there’s usually people each weekend?

Either way, we’re riding somewhere today- might just be around the same small pond again- way too much fun to miss out.

I was out at mariaville lake today looking at houses. Seemed to be a good size lake to race around on. You just follow rt159 out through Duansburg to get there. About a 20min ride from rt7 in Rotterdam.

if yall dont know, electric city riders has ice racing all winter.

didnt see much on their site about it, but their facebook page is always yappin about it.

I was out that way yesterday and it looked like it would be alot of fun to ride on. Theres enough snow on it for non studded quads too.

From what I understand the only way to get on the lake without an issue is from the store up there.

I’ll have to take a cruise out that way to check it out. I’m hoping to try to get things a little more organized next time so we can have a couple buddies bring their plow-equipped four wheelers.

Ah yes, if all else failed yesterday- we were going to head up to Sacandaga. The Lake George ice races that were scheduled for yesterday were moved from LG to Sacandaga due to thin ice conditions. A couple of our friends raced there yesterday. For us, this was only our second time this year out on the 100’s, new sets of tires, and they’re getting kinda clapped out; so we were just looking to play around.

We did end up scouting out one of the ‘old’ spots we used to go to outside of Greenwich along Rt 4. Had way too much fun and a good 5 hrs of riding. And I even remembered to bring my gopro; I’ll have to post up some footage. Got a nice clip of me following my brother when he slid out right in front of me and I had no where to go, like 4th gear cruising. Good times.

i ripped around on sacandaga all day saturday with the quad unstudded. we had a nice plowed off track for the studded bikes too.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/18624_10152551445110237_372534027_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/261211_10152551439700237_1575670038_n.jpg

Been a sacandaga for the past month on weekends. So much fun out there, all 2wd quads, un-studded. No issues. Even took out a couple 90cc quads this past weekend, had more fun on them than the 450s and 700s.

Okay, got a short clip of the crash - it’s a decent sized track, lap time a little over a minute.

[
youtu.be/corHu97Ft5s
](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=corHu97Ft5s&feature=youtu.be)

Gotta fix the mangled front guard frame now, but it served it’s purpose!

What size bikes are you riding?

I need to get my buggies out on the ice!

They’re mostly stock crf100’s- the one’s got a 120 kit in it, but the suspension works a little better on the stock motor one- so it tends to even out.

Anyone planning going to Sacandaga this coming Saturday?

If anyone’s interested, we’re gonna try to go earlier tomorrow mid-to late-morning I’m shooting for. Probably outside of Greenwich- shoot me a PM if you’re interested!