Ice riding Saturday, February 8th - anyone?

This Saturday, I’m hoping to ride over at Wager’s Pond - but, as I don’t have a four wheeler with a plow, I’ll ride where ever the snow is plowed off the ice. Anyone planning on riding on Saturday? Where? Anyone know of somewhere people are or have been riding?

My brothers and I are bringing our 100’s, should be a good time…

…if there is a place to ride, with snow cleared off, of course.

I wish mine wasn’t broke. Ive been wanting to ride for a while.

Well, fix it then! What’s broke? You’ve got a couple days, shouldn’t be too bad- right?

it needs bearings and cv boots and has been at a friends garage for about 3 months now.

I don’t want to dump a ton of money into it but I just want it ride able

Well, the work is quick, but, yeah- parts are always money. Shouldn’t be a ton for new bearings and boots, though- how much?

What kind of quad again?

I don’t really know which ones it needs. Ive already got the boots.

Its a 2007 Polaris Outlaw 500- a real bastard quad that nobody makes parts for and everything is expensive.

Crap. That sucks.

So…

…borrow someone else’s!

(with a plow)

I don’t know anybody with a plow on one. My brother’s Outlaw 500 needs a tire and hasn’t been started since fall and is basically a snow bank now.

swap a wheel from yours onto your brothers; start it up?

my wheels are 45 minutes away and I don’t feel like unburying his. It really needs a new brake master cylinder too, not sure how long the JB Welded in bolt where the glass window in it was will hold. It was a quick cob job so he could ride it one weekend in the fall, where he got the flat.

Unburying is easy (think of it as exercise).

The glass is on the reservoir, not pressurized (pretty sure?) - silicone would seal it just fine (temporarily). Eh you don’t use brakes much on the ice anyway. Which brake, btw- front or rear?

45 minutes away? Drive faster.

I thought it was for both brakes.
The jb weld seemed to work ok but its more of a temporary fix than permanent. I threaded a bolt into the window hole and sealed it up good.
His quad is in the middle of the backyard and getting it out requires removing half the snow from the yard due to where the gate is.

I don’t have access to mine anyway.

Okay, I’m all out of ideas. Might have to just go and steal one.

Preferably 4WD, with a plow.

And studded/screwed tires.

And a beer holder.

And heated grips.

Might be the only option

Well, you’ve got a couple days!

Well, anyone that wants to go, we’re going to ride up north- outside of Schuylerville. If anyone wants to meet up, shoot me a PM.

I doubt my yfm200 rigid chassis would make it lol

You run actual tracks or just bomb around?

I honestly have no idea, but the tires are probably plenty to absorb anything significant on ice, I’d guess. But you’d want some studded/screwed tires though, I’m sure.

We usually run a TT or ‘road’ course, but depending on who goes- there’s sometimes an oval as well.

I run the TT class with electric city riders. It’s my first year doing it, so much fun. However running in the 450 class with a 400ex blows. I can pass in the turns but get smoked on the straights. If I continue this racing thing I’ll be picking up a 450.

Anyhow if also have my own TT track out here in averill park. Anyone is welcome, however only way on lake is through someone’s property (my buddies, it’s a private lake). Usually out there 2x during week practicing for weekend. This weekend is last race, so I’ll have a lot more time to just have fun.