IDE to SATA adapter (ATTN computer nerds)

This is a shot in the dark but I’m looking for an IDE to SATA(or vice versa) adapter to attach an older IDE hard drive to my SATA motherboard.

don’t know, but another option might be a card that plugs into your motherboard that controls IDE devices.

Yeah that would work too if anyone has one.

I use to have a IDE to Sata adapter they work great but they are hard to come across, on another note I have a controller card that would work it’s a pata one lmk

I needed one a while back for my parents computer, and it was a saturday so the actual computer stores were closed… So I decided to go to best buy (I figured calling me would get me absolutely no where). The guy there said he’s never heard of them and didn’t think it would be possible. So good luck in your not possible search to find a not produced computer part, that newegg and tigerdirect do not have dozens of.

P.S.
If you can’t not find one not locally, don’t forget newegg and tiger don’t offer cheap 2nd day shipping on small shit like things like that that don’t exist.

I ended up using an IDE enclosure that I had laying around do the job. I forgot I had it. Connected through USB.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812270236

cool story bro… you shouldn’t be on the computer since you can’t use a search function, and i said i had a controller car that he could grab off me its pci

nevermind.
I’ll keep it out of FS.

I have a micro ATX board and I forgot my only PCI slot is being used. I ordered one of those adapters off newegg.

And FYI Hass, newegg and tirgerdirect do not process orders on weekends.

We have a bunch of them at Business Technology on Main street in East Aurora. I’m not at the office today so I don’t know the price. We will be open again on Tuesday if you want to stop on by. I’ll try to post the price when I get in on Tuesday.

I’m glad I could help out! :slight_smile:

i purchased one on ebay for less than $5 shipped it came within 3 days and its been working great for about a year now.

Sorry to mess up the thread, but was this a permanent solution or are you just trying to get some data off? If it’s the latter, a IDE to USB adapter might be better. I’m assuming you already got something by the replies above though.

I wanted to permantely hook up an spare older IDE hard drive to my new motherboard that’s SATA only. In the hard drive market, prices have gone up because of flooding and I don’t want to pay for a new one yet. Wish they made electronics in non-3rd world countries.

This flood bs is really pissing me off immensely! I remember when I got my 2tb for $79 on sale. I really want 2x 3tb drives :frowning: I kno how you feel

I got one from newegg and I’d like another, PMed.