Idiot ( open carry )

very true, knowing certain family members of mine that were on the job years ago i can see exactly what you’re trying to say there…

the police can charge you with raping elderly men with 6" PVC pipe pieces if they want to. Doesn’t mean it will hold up in court.

http://www.lildobe.net/PAFOA_Docs/MPOTEC_OC_Update_2009.pdf
Training update for Police on OC courtesy of PAFOA

Would you happen to have the link for concealed carry regulations?

regulations?.. like where you can carry and where you can’t?.. how to apply etc? not real sure what you want. if you want a list of where you can carry or you cant carry heres a good start. http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-open-carry-121/7582-read-first-where-you-can-cannot-carry-weapons-state-pennsylvania.html But you’ll need to clarify if that didnt answer your question.

yeah that sounds all fine and cool but if the threat is stopped you should probably stop shooting

as for the first part i will always inform a law enforcement officer that i am carrying. whether i’m pulled over, questioned for something or whatever

not advising one way or the other but, in Pa you do not have to inform the officer if you are carrying.

I was going to say the same thing

green did that answer your question?

i’m aware of that but from who i’ve talked too it seems like the courteous thing to do. it makes you seem less suspicious

No Actually, I was curious because of an incident I had it wasnt a big deal really. About a year ago I was pulled over by an officer for a traffic offense. He thought I was reving at him I was in a Mini van I wasnt being an ass I promise. I was stopped ran thru the general questions license, registration, proof of insurance, then I was asked do you have any weapons on you? I replied yes I am carrying a firearm its on my waist and holstered. He asked me to step out and place my hands on the side of the vehicle. At which point he confiscated my weapon from me. I was instructed to turn around with my back to vehicle as he was telling me that he was going to run my info I kept an eye on my weapon. During that I noticed his finger on the trigger, At which point I cut the officer off as he was saying something. I instructed him that the weapon is chambered and does not have a safety (S&W Sigma SW40VE). He then got pissy and told me to get back in my vehicle an wait for him to return with my info and my firearm. He returned my info and my firearm to me moments later and let me go.

My question are officier allowed take my weapon from me during a traffic stop?

short answer they shouldn’t. but they will if they want to. They call it “officer safety”. its a long complicated answer so im not even gonna try to explain it. lol PAFOA has alot of threads relating to that question. But if an officer directs you to do this again comply but make sure the officer knows that you do not consent to being disarmed.

I haven’t been stopped by the police since i started carrying but i would do what the officer says and make sure it is known that i do not consent to being disarmed and I would not consent to a search of my vehicle. It may be a hassle but unless they have probable cause to search the vehicle then anything they find in my vehicle could be thrown out in court.(i dont carry anything illegal so no issues there anyways). Just be aware that I AM NOT A LAWYER only a person who has read a metric shit ton of case law on the subject. A family member of mine that used to be a police officer has advised me to do the same as i said above. Do what you want, I’m just trying to give you info to base your own decision on, not tell ya what to do.

Do you like Phil Collins? I’ve been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn’t understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins’ presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group’s undisputed masterpiece. It’s an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don’t you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I’ve heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins’ solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don’t just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

Get out of here with your curbside lawyer rubbish :rolleyes:
Let me guess, You also read the cheerios box containing nutrients. Makes you a expert on nutrition also.

Did you also inform him that he would have to pull the trigger about a foot and a half to get the weapon to discharge? :rofl:

:lol: Isn’t that the truth. I just didn’t like the fact that he had his finger on the trigger.

you would think the dumb fuck would know not to do that. It amazes me how dumb people are when it comes to handling firearms.

And I have the same S&W as you have. I never keep one in the chamber. No safety + pointed at my balls = :nono:

not an expert. just thought i’d share some info.

Yeah you would think he would know better but he’s a cop so I wouldnt expect much.

Ive got the Uncle Mikes in the pants neoprene holster. Ive been to the range and practiced with it many times I just remember and have burned it into my mind dont put your finger on the trigger.

As for the gun what issues are you having with it? like how bad does your bullet drop at 10-12 feet? and how often does yours jam?

(sorry for the thread jack but its Pittspeed get over it)

12lb trigger pull is techinally a safety :rofl:

well since law enforcement are the only ones that are properly trained to handle a firearm i think that green must be mistaken

:itr41: