Idle Issue / Bogging Out

K i tried to look through a bunch of forums on here before i opened a new one to try to solve the problem i have but no luck.

So heres the issue,

My silvia will randomly bogg out on me. it will drive perfect for days, then randomly (usally when im at idle at a light) the engine will just bogg down to the point where i have to give it gas or else it will stall… it’s been doing this on and off for a little bit now…

I’ve changed the fuel filter and cleaned the air filter (getting a new one asap) but it still will RANDOMLY do it… then stop it the next time i drive it for days on end?

Does anyone know what this could be ? or give me some suggestions? Thanks in Advance

Clean your maf… hit your maf (no joke)… i’ve been having this issue heh.

isn’t the sensor in there really touchy to clean it? ill give it a couple wacks tonite forsure. did your issue stop?

you can buy electric contact clearer from canadian tire or any radio shack ect to clean the sensor. just dont touch it with any cloth or something that will leave a resedue. i just cleaned mine last week.

stupid question… but is it actually called electric contact cleaner? lol just cause ive never heard of it?

ive found throttle body cleaner workz wonders… n’ scrub that bitch out too

ok, thanks everyone, i hit the MAF around a bit. This week im gonna change the oil (just cause) and ill clean the throttle body. Any other tips are welcome lol i really want this issue dealt with.

check tps. injectors, fuel pump etc.

just wondering, is your bov vented to air or recirculated ?

vented.

Venting will make it run pig rich unless you have the appropriate managenent to prevent this. If not, everything could just be getting fouled and plugged full of carbon.

thats so weird the car never gave me any issues! did u turn up the fuel?

no man not at all, it’s not really an issue, just needs a little bit of maintence, im sure it’s nothing big. just one of those things ya know?

your bov may need ajustment if thats possible on your model bov.
idle issues are quite common on vented SR

so i changed the fuel filter, took a look at the throttle body, which wasn’t tooo bad but im going to give it a full clean tomorrow and i gave the MAF a couple knocks. but still having the issue. Now its starting to do it sometimes while im in first and second gear a little bit… just bogg on me a tiny bit…

any other thoughts?

ignition breakup? at higher rpm’s my car felt like it was bogging/misfireing and it also had a lumpy idle at first startup (cold/warm did not matter) it also stalled out on me a few times if i had it at a high rev and then took it out of gear (ie to stop at a light) I changed all 4 of my coilpacks with a set of used ones i had and bingo problem solved

it doesnt really feel like its misfiring cause when i give it a good shot of gas when it does that it just cleans right up… anyway i can tell if its the coilpacks without just replacing them ?

runs perfect on a full tank, then when it get about between 1/4 and 1/2… it starts doing it… i can’t figure that one out lol.

Could be yoru sending unit. thats what happend to me a few weeks back, It stopped running, So i had to replace the sending unit, and i also replaced the fuel pump and filter at the same time. But i still have an idle probelm as well ( not as noticable) every couple days instead of at every light.

im going to start to look at all of that, it’s running great right now… so its kinda hard to find a problem when there isnt one happening ya know? how can i check the sender?