ifs or solid axles

i know this thats why im looking for a 4cyl or small 6

just because it has less cyls doesnt mean youll have better mileage ITS ALL ABOUT THE GEARING how many times am i gonna tell u jer

ill cut you i know im going to make you re gear what ever i get lol ill go slower for better gass i only need to do 70.

good luck with that my jeep topped out at 70 anything over that it would take up 2 lanes swaying back and forth

Theres a '93-'97 Ranger 4x4 for $1795 on route 20 in Schodack/Nassau.
Green with a little bit of rust on the bed

id take 795$ off that price from the sounds of it

They took $200 off since Thursday.
Its not badly rotted, just a few random holes on the lower part of the bed.

Check under the bed, at the frame. The leaf perches tend to rot, or the frame where they are riveted on rust away to nothing. Ask my father, he came out side one day and said “why is my work truck 4 inches lower in the back” The springs were blown right up through the bottom of the bed floor when they broke off.

i know the fords shackels like to rot, and the shackel boxes and then they crumble and you got bouncy lowrider status so beware of that

Yep, I could go take a pic of my ranger right now and prove it! lol Luckly I have another ford ranger frame I can cut the replacement parts off and weld it in to fix mine. :rofl

I have a 97 Ranger 4 cyl 5 speed

Clean truck, a little rust bubble in a few spots… but clean truck

2wd ftl thou

Pick up a old 85-87 or so Toyota. The bodies rot the fuck out quick tho but do come with a solid axle for the factory. If you end up going IFS, lift kits are not cheap for them. Just for my blazer is $1900 for a 6" Superlift. SAS Is cheaper to do, but as stated. It has its draw backs if you really dont beat it off road, its not worth it.

Heres my 98’ Blazer with a custom made $17 3" body lift and 31’s. Its plenty for a daily/ light off roader.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs163.snc4/37466_415260646462_641466462_5134900_589415_n.jpg

My old 91’ Isuzu Amigo with a 3" BL and 2" shackle/ torsion lift with 33’s.
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/6623/picture017su9.jpg

think im sticking with the 1996 xj i have till it brakes then buy a newer one with less miles and switch all my parts over.

btw 96 is the worst year out of all of them…96’s rust more than any other year

that will work. mileage is about the same with a straight 6 4oh as it would be for a ranger lifted or for something else. and the Jeep parts/kits are more abundant too.

what do u have in the xj now?

shut up now or ill tip ur car over

cherokees are great too cause they are like hondas…you can get a 97+ with a bad engine for 1000 or less and they are easy to find in good condition