Jeep Lifts

96 Grand Cherokee Laredo
4.0 6cyl

Bone stock, looking to run 31x10.5x15 on a 4" lift or so. Ive been hearing a ton of mixed things as in i need adjustable control arms, new driveshaft up front, tcase brackets etc etc. Im not looking to spend crazy money since its just a basic build and ill never use the lift to its full potential. Thanks in advance!

I just bought a jeep and the stock suspension is kind of worn out so I was just shopping around and looking at lift kits and what I came up with was there is alot of work to go into it.

google “jeep death wobble”

dont say I didnt warn ya.

yah ive had a jeep with death wobble, some get it and some dont. Ill cross that bridge if it happens. I just want to know what i need for a basic 4" lift, i know springs/shocks but some kits have adjustable control arms, others have no control arms, some are fixed (non adj), some say you need a new driveshaft etc etc. Just want a straight answer, but even jeepforums is unclear. Ive been looking at the Rough Country 4.5" lift which seems to be complete…

check zone offroad, we sell alot of those kits, as they are around the same price as rough country, 640.00 and far better quality. On the website they give measurements of what the front driveshaft needs to be. If you have any questions call me 347-3800

I bought my kit for my jeep from duuka. It’s a Zone 4 inch. Great quaility and very well priced for what comes with it.

The kit Underboosted has came with all of the control arms and we didn’t need to do anything with the drive shafts when it was installed. Pretty much a straight forward bolt in kit. He clears 31’s with no problem and it sits pretty tall for only a 4" lift.

do you work at the truck center on central by chance?

He does.

Ohh nice. They do great work there great people too. :number1

rock krawler, they give local discounts.

Thanks! + rep for you sir

Duuka doesn’t just work there. He RUNS SHIT. Place would not be open without him.

i was there last week Frank and i talked to him, real nice guy and he got me an app real quick. deff recommend this place and soon i beileve Duuka will have some sweet pics up of this project :slight_smile:

You should have asked him to see my civic in the back shop.

whats she doing there?

Paint, Shaved bay, 6pt cage.

ok im deff taking a peak when im there

oh 640 for a 4" isnt bad at all. Ive also been looking into Iron Rock Offroad kits, there the big thing on jeepforums.com. With that zone kit i dont see rear sway bar links or a front track bar/relocation bracket, is this ok? Underboosted what jeep do you have, any issues? I priced the IRO 3.5" kit with front and rear adjustable trackbars, new rear springs (instead of swapping front to rear) and its just about 800 shipped. So im at a loss of what to do. I dont want my axles off center and/or the lift to sag later on.

i wouldnt use iron rock, rustys, zone or any of those cheaper kits, ive used about 5 different rough country lifts and they work awesome, i can link you to some vids of my cherokee with a 6.5’’ long arm kit…other than that i would go with skyjacker for decent price lifts, if you wanna go baller there is only one…rock krawler

zone has you drill a hole in the trackbar mount on the axle to move it inboard 3/4 of an inch, They do this because they feel the mounting location has too much flex with added leverage of a trackbar relocation bracket, and can be a cause of death wobble. If you don’t feel comfortable with drilling another hole in the trackbar mount, they do offer an adjustable trackbar. The rear links are fine on the zj and with a 4 inch kit don’t need to be any longer