ikea is the shit.

Seriously, I hate shopping with a passion but I love this place.

On the way back from toronto, we arrived there just as they opened at 10am.

The place has everything you could possibly want to outfit a pimp ass house.

We spent seriously 4 hours in there. We went to the one in burlington, that one is nice, but the one on the QEW closer to toronto is much larger.

Their stuff is cheap, but not shitty quality. Its not the finest stuff in the world, but for myself and many other’s its just right.

I picked up a nice metal framed stand type thing to put pictures and crap on in the living room. (39.99)

Also an edgy mirror for the bedroom (12.99)

A couple desk lamps, some artwork, a rug.

All in all I spent like 100 bucks and got a bunch of really neat shit.

Going back over the peace bridge was no problem, the dude didn’t even want to look at the receipt, i told him i had home items from ikea, he’s like “have a good day”.

On the way back I was telling my girlfriend why the hell is buffalo trying so hard to get a shitty bass pro outdoor redneck store here in downtown that most people wouldn’t even want to go to (I wouldn’t), when they should be trying to attract an Ikea.

They would really put a hurting on walmarts furniture/home item sales, because their stuff is just as cheap, if not cheaper, and nicer as well.

So we loaded up the car with shit, i decided to go back into the ikea store and have lunch.

I had an excellent Salmon fillet with some buttery sauce on it, cooked veggies, and boiled potatos, with a soft drink for 6.99.

The lady had pasta and a real good looking salad with all kinds of exotic greens in it for 3.99.

Thank God we’re moving to phoenix at the end of the summer, they just opened an ikea there.

ive been to the ikea in burlington several times, it is unbelieveable how cheap everything is, and the quality is on par or better with anything you would find at walmart/target/whatever. idk how many hours ive spent in there but im sure it was a lot and im sure i havent even seen everything they have. they even have entire mock kitchens and bedrooms so you can see what a whole bunch of stuff would look like as a set.

I told my girlfriend when we move, we’re selling pretty much everything then just buying all new shit.

ikea is good in limited quantities. If one goes too crazy with it things end up looking cheapish, and well, like an ikea store.

Fuck bass pro build an IKEA at the aud

<3 ikea… ill be visiting them very soon :slight_smile:

Beat me to it…gotta be careful with that place. Worst part about Canada Ikea is the prices. I’ve been to several US stores (Minneapolis, Chicago, Detroit, Pittsburgh, and Boston) and there’s a pretty good markup on Canadian prices. What sells for $100 US will go for $150ish Canadian…and after the shit exchange rate you’re no where close to touching the US price.

I have been talking about building one in buffalo for years. if i had the first clue on how to start a franchise it would make a killing. and F going downtown, to many reason for people to not go there. If you put that bitch on milestrip right off the 198 it would make a metric ton of cash a day.

Ashley furniture > *

Where else can one match their bedroom and dining room sets perfectly? That’s right…

ew.

I think this was in yesterdays news
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070114/1034796.asp

yeah, so was this
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30546

We have been shopping at Ikea for about 5 years now, since we bought our house. We bought a lot of stuff there. But you can’t do a whole house in Ikea. But the one along the QEW is huge. You can spend all day there.

It would be great if they finally brought one to Buffalo. You know they would make a killing here based on our economy.

IKEA is shit.

Fixed.

It really is hit and miss there. They have tons of crap but they have alot of stuff that is cheap and decent quality.

I’m sure when we’re all 50 we could afford to not shop at IKEA,

But for the price IKEA is good

ikea is great for things that don’t need to be 100% solid…

ikea is good for: lamps, end tables

ikea is bad for: dining room tables, beds

i just bought a $35 desk which works well. lol

truth. same goes for any particle board furniture.

Some truth…beds are hit and miss. I picked one up for around $200 that is pretty damn solid, looks good too. Their picture frames seem to be a pretty good deal. And, lets not forget the bast part about Ikea…Swedish meatballs.

You know i keep hearing about these and never tried them at the store. I guess i will endulge myself on my next trip.