I'll Take "Choke" For $1000 Alex..

The average field goal try takes ~5 seconds. Common sense would dictate running a short quick out or something to get the kicker closer in. Your average quick out play: ~5 seconds. Completion out of bounds stops clock. Incompletion… stops clock.

WTF Chargers? How about giving yourself a chance to win? You had 8 seconds? :shrug:

Or maybe it was that idiot that headbutted the pats player right after they sacked Brbady for a fumble back past the 39 a few minutes earlier. Way to kill the momentum. That sack/fumble stands, Pats punt, never get a sniff of the endzone.

NEWS FLASH: The NFL is fixed/rigged (so is wrestling in case you didn’t know:) )

If LT doesn’t feel like talking to anyone, he certainly doesn’t have to. I don’t see why you’re making an issue out of this.

Kettle, meet pot :mamoru:

Not my fault he’s a lil’bitch…

IBsomeone posts another opinion

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20070114024

But WAAA WAAA WAAA when you did nothing but talk shit all week long… :crap:

Cause LT is a whiney bitch

Once it was over, Tomlinson, like Brady one of the most laid-back superstars in any sport, lost his cool. He went after an unidentified Patriots player and had to be restrained by a teammate and former Charger Reche Caldwell, who had a huge game for the Patriots.

Tomlinson yelled and pointed at the Patriots player, upset that some Patriots were dancing on the Chargers logo at midfield after they had silenced the record crowd of 68,810 at Qualcomm Stadium.

“I would never react in that way. I was very upset,” Tomlinson said. “When you go to the middle of our field and start doing the dance Shawne Merriman is known for, that is disrespectful. They showed no class and maybe that comes from the head coach.”

being a chargers fan for about 15 yrs i can say they blew it…stupid penalties and dropping easily catchable balls did them in…and Walter have u ever played football…do you have any idea what if feels like to have ur home field disrespected…LT was pissed they lost as he should be…

I wish that idiot would have just knocked down the 4th down pass instead of intercepting it then fumbling right after.

Why does 8lb 2oz baby little Jesus have to be a Pats fan?

1. walter, thank you for pointing out that i was not a bandwagon fan haha

2. LT had a great game, and imho not using him more hurt them. they had been running at will yet when it mattered most they didn’t even attempt to.

3. Eric Parker, wtf man?! He’s been clutch his whole career in san diego, yet all of a sudden he lost his hands? its not like he’s a rookie or he’s never played in a playoff game before, blows my mind that he had those 3 drops and fumbled that punt return …

4. Rivers had a good game imho, his stats were skewed by all the dropped passes. The attempted dunk pass to LT that got picked off was “meh” but it wasn’t a terrible idea either…

5. Offensive line played great, as expected. Again, they shoulda ran the ball more they were pushing the pats around pretty good with their run blocking

6. Brady has a horseshoe up his ass. 3 picks, one GIMME dropped… and then one of the picks fumbled to give them the ball right back. Then the retarded penalty by florence to give them the FG in the 4th. They gave him this game…

7. The DB’s played great minus the bonehead penalty, they handled the spread wr sets really well (especially considering brady threw the ball 50+ times) even tho alot of outsiders consider their db’s to be a weak group (underrated if you ask me)

8. I gotta feel for nate kaeding… i hope he doesn’t get the scott norwood complex even tho he’s a pro bowl kicker

9. Don’t even start about LT, he’s as far away from classless as pretty much anyone in the game. He wanted to get off the field, they kept grabbing at him… its not like he turned around and sucker punched the guy. And don’t remember, before you go calling out players that you have Rodney Harrison on your team. He’s a model of class, right? :wink:

All in all, it was a good ride, and NO ONE predicted this team would go 15-2 before the season started. Like i said in the other thread, with a rookie left tackle and a first year starter at qb, they did alot of good things, and i don’t see the offense missing a beat next year.

Go Saints! atleast i still have Drew to root for :stuck_out_tongue:

GOD DAMN IT…

fuck the patriots… INDY better beat them,

Brees FTW…it was a good game all in all…Kaeding will be ok…that was right in his limit…i wish they could have gotten a lil closer for him though

“I would never react in that way. I was very upset,” Tomlinson said. “When you go to the middle of our field and start doing the dance Shawne Merriman is known for, that is disrespectful. They showed no class and maybe that comes from the head coach.”

figured as much, he’s not just gonna start yelling at someone for no reason. way to be classy new england :roll:

I’m not a big fan of either team, but ugh, I can not believe that SD HANDED that game back to them. Captain Comeback - blah blah blah.

Good game, stupid mistakes, thats why they show up on gameday.

:mamoru: RRiiiight.

"You Stay Classy San Diego!" [not that I agree with walter]

Do you even watch football?

99% of professional athletes should act the way he does. He is one of the class acts in the NFL.

bellicheck is a real class act, didnt anyone see the end of the jets playoff game?

The only thing I can say is that cheaters never prosper, cough cough Merriman…

Other than that, I was hoping the Pats got downed today. Now I have to root for Indy or the Saints.

my thoughts exactly. why not try a quick out and get another 3-7 yards…musta been “Marty Ball”

ok this is the 20th time i’ve read this, and even espn is stupid enough to mess this up too. “marty ball” is the chargers driving down the field and then all of a sudden just running 3 plays up the middle for a yard and missing a field goal, instead of continuing to press the issue and either get closer for the fg or score a td (see: jets playoff game 2 yrs ago) martyball is dead people. he doesn’t even call the plays anymore.

/rant

O’rly? i bet he’s the mastermind that said “lets kick a field goal” with 8 seconds left :bloated:

stick to hockey threads, atleast you can pretend to know what your talking about then :tup:

are you kidding…teams kick field goal to win/tie games with <10 seconds to go all the time…this one jsut didnt go the Charger’s way