im a n00b with tires...and i have some ?'s

i got a flat on my truck, and it cannot be patched. my space is BALD so im jsut gonna buy new tires for the back. stock size is 255/55R17. im only getting back tires and i want something thats gonna give me good traction, and also decent driveability in the rain. in doing a little research, the stock size seems to be hard to find, however i wouldnt mind going a little wider (the rims are 17x9). i dont want to spend a ton of money, but i dont want some cheap piece of shit K-Mart Blue Light Special kind of thing either. I was thinking something along the lines of the Kumho ECSTA 711. if anyone has any other suggestions please let me know. also, what other sizes could i fit on the back without any problems?

kumho ecsta STX, dont drive them in the snow, I have they in 285/60R17 on my truck

and what other tire size you can fit is more dependent on how much clearance you have there not the rim width, go to a dakota board for that

711 suck

i have the 712s on the mustang…they rock for the summer…even ok in the rain…in fact…i love them…but the 1 time i tried them in the snow…i didnt get very far…

i love mine…they handle track days and aut0-x well especially for 55 bux a tire…when i bough them atleast

lol…damn $55 a tire? my 712s are $180 a tire in the rear and $160 for the fronts…ouch.

actually i stand corrected they were $65…but still…i wanted MXs buy $30 cheaper a tire.