im bored so here are some pics of my 996 over the past year...

so its almost been a year since i moved out to LA…

figured i should make an update thread on the 996 now that its my daily driver.

ive put about 10k miles on it over the past year (which if you arent familiar is more than i put on it the whole 4 years i owned it in NYS)

before i left buffalo i did the 40k mile maintinance (plugs/coilpacks/coolant expansion tank/oil change)

rolling off the trailer to the new home

mullholland

met this other walker whos into p cars

picked up a gt2 front bumper

then some recaros…

then did a trans flush/oil change/clutch slave cyl/clutch accumulator/o2 sensor

then added a ridiculous wing

and my most recent purchase…an agency power cage

and this is how it sits currently

now im back to focusing on my harleys but i think the only other mod i plan on doing for a while is a set of coils to bring it down a bit more

Nice ride. Refreshing to see someone who resists the urge to mod their car.

Looking good. Any interior modifications needed for that bar?

Car looks awesome:tup: That front bumper really cleans the car up.

Love it and love that you can daily the car as well :tup:

I’ve been reading up a bit more on these lately. These are definitely the type of cars that you purchase and just keep for the rest of your life.

And another :tup: on daily driving it.

Love it :tup:

:tup: :tup:

I miss the old wing… love this car though

thanks guys.

no interior mods needed @Baker

and @Willybeen i still have the old decklid but the hydraulic rams that push the spoiler up past 75 started to leak and wouldnt deploy the wing evenly thus causing a spoiler failure on my dash. its a pretty common problem with these. so rather than source a new stock wing or pay out the ass to fix mine i decided to pick up this one. its pretty much a one off piece so i can certainly pull my money out of it if i need to. i get offers on 6speed constantly lol.

I love this shit, all of it!

<3

such a cool car to have in CA. love the spoiler, it just flows so well with the car.

Do you have a ducktail on there too or is that just the base of the big wing?

Looks awesome :tup:

well the decklid is actually an OEM 996tt wing base that had the top wing and hydraulics removed then gt3 scoops molded in for some functional air intakes.
then the sides were cut and they fit a gt3 style upright to it.

so i guess in a way yes its like a ducktail but it would look stupid without the uprights and top wing…

:tup:

Love the car, can’t say crazy about wing though =/

lets race

SIQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

i am so thats all that matters

ha. it took scott a LONG time before i finally agreed to that. its really just not my thing.

:*

:tup: