I'm broken

I took the car to PRP yesterday and made 2 time trial runs. Round 1 of elims I noticed I couldn’t do a burnout. Felt weird. Well I staged in anyway, let go of the trans brake button and KABOOOOM. Here are the pics.

The track crew pushed me off the track and I wenched my car into the trailer and strapped her down.

Put the car on the lift this morning and assessed the damage. Definately fixable. To my suprise the tunnel was not damaged at all.

I just got home from Summit with a new Chrome Moly pinion yoke and a 1350 U-joint. Tomorrow I’ll drop off the T/A mount for rewelding with some gussets this time. Then I’ll drop off the drive shaft to be checked out. If the shaft is bent, well this is the only thing that could hold me up. I hope to be back to the track this weekend.

Gotta love drag racing

atleast you didnt have it towed :slight_smile:

sorry to hear Tom

wow ,toque arms are deing this year!!!thats sucks!!!what brand was it tom?

It wasn’t the torque arm that broke but rather the torque arm mounting point that was welded onto the Moser 9" rear end.

My torque arm is a BMR extreme duty and it is just fine.

o,forgot u had a 9"!!!in ur motor u got head studs or bolts?

dam thats nuts!!! Your problem is you have too much torque… give me some :slight_smile: hope it all turns out ok good luck !

studs