I'm impressed - 2003 Accord

Well my Jetta’s been down for a week. The alt died on Saturday and to change it I’ve got to rip the front of the car off (see my thread in the oh crap I need help forum.) I’ve been too busy to get to it yet.

But on the plus side, my fiance’s sister just went to Boston for the summer and left her car home for me to borrow any time my VW grenades. It’s a 2003 Accord sedan 4 cylinder 5 speed. I forget the letter designation, but it’s the lowest model you can get with side airbags. It’s actually pretty nicely equipped, with AC, cruise, and power windows and locks.

I’ve got to admit that I’m beginning to understand the popularity of Hondas. It really moves pretty well for a full sized car with a 4 cylinder. OMG it shifts smoothly. The clutch feels fine, and it snicks between gears smoother than any car I’ve ever driven.

Audio’s pretty good. SQ’s decent, but if I turn the bass up much I get a lot of distortion. Controls are laid out nice and in easy reach. The dash lights up like a freaking Christmas tree, but I guess I can’t complain that it’s hard to read.

Seats are good. No adjustable lumbar, but it has good lower back support anyways so :tif: Good thigh support.

Handles nicely for a big car. There really isn’t much body roll.

It’s even rated at 34MPG highway.

Overall I’m very impressed. I like my Jetta better in a lot of ways (torque, leather, premium audio, better handling) but it’s not hugely better in any way and the Honda gets better mileage and is built better.

I’ve always thought Accords are boring and generic so I’ve been surprised at how much I’ve been enjoying it this week. Haha of course with all that being said, I can’t wait to get the VR6 running again.

That’s all. Just thought I’d share…

Handles nicely for a big car. There really isn’t much body roll.

really? maybe you should drive a SHO, it would destroy a accord in handling. my friends 03 V6 has a lot of body roll, and we upgraded the rear bar. they are decent but i could would never want one.

That’s what the are… generic, yet gracefully designed.

pffffft. right.