honda accord project

ok soo heres the situation…i have a 99 accord with the f23a1, and yes im in the process of modin/building said car. you proby thinkin…99 accord? ive gotton lots of guff already about its a stupid car to modify cuz its too heavy,large,and not a wise choice. im gunna do it n e way because i dont want to do what everyone is doin and just do my own thing…now my question is that are there any companys out there that make performance cams and intake manifold for the f23?

ive found just about everything else i need for the engine as far as aftermarket performance goes, i just need those 2 parts.

im goin high comp. with it and intend on makin it a fun daily driver, but also track worthy.

in case your wonderin what this car ooks like now , pics can be found on my myspace, just in case you want to see what i have dunn soo far.

any and all help is appreciated

Ditching all they visual mods would be a good start

i like the way looks, cuz its not flashy or over dunn, ive been told it has kind of a stocky type look.

Oh and this is right off of a google search, I guess its one of the few companies to make regrides for the F23, good luck

http://www.gude.com/Cams/cam_accord.html

It doesnt look stock

Is that a purple car in your sig? and your bitching about someone with a body kit?

I hope thats your gf’s 3000gt or you have a vag.

Color Blind ? whatever, Id Much rather rock a purple 3s than anything with a body kit, plus you own an Fbod…Ugh

Sorry you rock a poor mans base model 3S

V6 3.0 N/A

:lol:

And yes it looks purple…

So basically you wanted the looks? Couldn’t afford the performance?

Isn’t that on the same level as throwing a body kit on some other import?

LOL SOHC too, thanks

hey now i can respect ones opinion…when say stock lookin i dont mean factory original type stock, just that it doesnt look half assed like others ive seen, it looks like the car came like that…everything fits properly, and doesnt look out of place, and i will agree i dont normally like body kits , however i choice this one for its looks as well as its function, it actually improves on the aerodynamics, along with the complete under car shielding. goin 145mph , it doesnt feel as unstable as it did without…form and function was what i was goin for

That is also respectable, I’m just very partial to the Stock look, regardless it looks fine and If you like it thats all that matters, I hope the link for the cams works out for you

the reason im doin this project is because i gotta work with what i got and 2nd, not alot of people waste there time on this generation accord or any of them for that matter, my time is worthless, soo i figured id do it just for shits n giggles to see if i can pul it off…it just seems like a better use of my time…

ever consider a motor swap?

Your right I cant afford the preformance, but at least I dont kid myself into thinking I can. :wink:

thanx i appreciate it
now to find an intake manifold…actually now that i think about it the jdm accords as well as preludes came with an h22, …hmmmm and i think they readily swap out with each other…that might be a more logical route.

yea people have started finding ways to swap an h22 head on to an f22 block.

Yes much more aftermarket support for that motor, and H22 swapped accords are always stout setups.

thats funny ive actually seen the swap performed, they call it the g23 swap, since the block castings are so similar, they put the h22 head on the f23 bottom head, with sum gasket mods, and a few other thi ng, it seemed to work out…tho he still needs to tune it to see what it can realy do, the first dyno runs werent that impressive, but id think it would be better in the long run to do a complete motor swap, even tho swapin heads maybe more cost effective…ultimatly i would like to that i have a reliable motor, rather than one that its a 50/50 chance it wil run ok, im refering to the fact that vtec head swaps or n e head swaps run the risk of leaks or other general problems…car buildin is fun

typo correction h22 head on the f23 bottom end*

post pics not everyone has myspaces, FAIL!