im stuck

ok so im replacing my clutch. i replaced the pilot bushing and the T.O bearing. as im putting the tranny back on, the input shaft just doesnt want to slide all the way in. ive checked the pilot bushing for any burrs when i was installing it and there wasnt any. does anyone have any tricks that they want to share? or should i just keep wiggling and twisting till i get it?

did you line up the clutch with the alignment tool?

yupp

was the car auto before?

no. im just replacing the clutch. so i still have the MT crossmember. i have everything right is just doesnt want to wiggle in. so i just want to know if someone has had this before and what they did to fix it.

Well this happened to me the last two times, and it makes u want to kill yourself. If you used a shyt alignment tool from Canadian tire. It’s prolly not aligned. But regardless I fixed it by putting a little lube on the bushing and the rod and wiggling and pushing it in and out. Eventually it will go in if it’s aligned.

yea the alignment tool was crap. but i managed to get on and all bolted up. thanks for the help.