In-Dash GPS Units

not sure if this goes here or general auto so to be on the safe side i will put it here because the forum description said electronics and what not.

so, with that being said, does anyone know of any good indash GPS units?
looking for something like what the dodge caravan comes with stock. something like one of those thats not tooo expensive.

i did a search on this forum before i posted this. found nothing related.

pm lafengas, I believe he made himself a GPS unit for his bmw

what kind of car.

i know someone selling a pioneer double din w navi

PM me if you wanna know more, and with what kind of car.

i am selling my avic n1 and have a lot of extra stuff for it, i have a 6 disk cd changer and xm radio, let me know.

how much for this stuff? i don’t have too much i can spend… but give me a price and we shall go from there.

Car is a 2000 mitsubishi eclipse gt

i would like 850 for the in dash unit and around 500 for the dvd changer. i dont know if i want to sell the xm unit. the prices are best offer and the equipment is in great condition with the exception of the back sides of the changer but that is cosmetic only. all is in my car and runs mint. i would make a deal with you for install to if in the rochester area, i see that it said houston tx. but didnt know if you were in the ROC.

no im in houston… can i see pics of the naigation unit… i don’t care for a dvd player or anything like that… i want it for directions not for watching tv in my car… thats why i have a tv with a dvd player at home. plus my car has a cd player in it. or does the navi unit itself have that too?

it is dvd, navigation, with voice commands, touch screen, plays mp3 and wma, if you search the internet i am sure you can find more about it. i still have all the manuals and box for it as well. i also have a voice command unit that lets you talk to the unit to choose the destination, change track and source as well as a few remotes for it if your interested. if you would like more info pm me for my phone number.

yeah im looking for something tha6ts strickly indash.l. im not into the fast and the furious screens that come out of the head unit… altho the N1 does look nice… im looking for somehting that just sits in

i was looking into doing a computer in my car… pimp my ride had a touch screen that allowed you to drag and click the mouse, which would be great for music and gps… M$ makes “streets and maps” or something like that which would work well.

that sounds cool but id have to drop money for like a laptopish thing right?

Just get a Nuvi or TomTom. Doing what you are describing is either going to cost a lot, or flip out, or both.

You might be interested in an Eclipse AVN 5435. It will cost you about 2-3 times more than a tomtom or those types of units, but I feel it’s worth it in the quality. I have the newer 6600, but that’s because it also has iPod integration, and because it has two dvd slots, instead of one dvd and one cd (which lets me use my navigation and watch a movie at the same time). The 6600 cost me about $1600 without labor. The 5435 will run you a little less, obviously.

Here’s a link to more info:
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/reviews/navigation/2005/0726/eclipse_avn5435.html

And a picture of my setup:

http://static.flickr.com/73/172411127_c4bca5d810_m.jpg

that is hot… thank you for posting this :slight_smile:

i would recommend the D2-doesn’t play DVDs or the Z1 which is >>>>>>than the eclipse