GPS/DVD combo?

anyone installed a GPS/DVD combo in their Z? I’m looking for one but wondering if anyone has any suggestions. i don’t want the one where you take it in/out. i want it built in the centre console that is there now.

you mean an aftermarket deck?

-Pioneer Avic D3
-Pioneer Z2
-Kenwood DDX6019 + GNA510

yup, this is what i was looking for. i was wondering if anyone has got these installed and would recommend a good shop to do this for a good price

You mean like mine?
Patrick Chung uploaded this image to

Well it’s actually a lot different now. That was a rough stage and not fully complete.

yes like that, but for the 350Z.

ive got the pioneer n2 i think it is…its done me well…but i dont have a 350

^^^ yes but hers slides out of the regular sized deck (Single DIN) as a seperate screen when you turn on the player. It doesn’t look like a unit with the screen molded in.

EDIT – If you send me some pictures of the unit and a 350Z with some similar units installed, I might be up for the install on your car. Let me know – PM

yea, install it pretty easy… the hardest thing is just figuring out how to take the dash out. after that, its basiclly just twisting wires.

I have the avic-D3. similiar to shorteaz accept its a double din. Has navigation and everything. Bang for your buck, its a really good deal cause its the cheapest double din u can get with navi. You can change the lights on the buttons to match your interior lights and stuff. you can add your own background, plays everything like Divx, MP3s saved on a DVD, Dvds, mp3s, etc.

The only thing I dont like about it is that when using the navi, you have to insert disks. ex. If i got a music CD in there and i want to find a destination, you have to take out your music CD and insert the navi CD. You are supposed to leave it in there but you can take it out after it finds your destination. Not too big of a deal for me cause im not using navi all the time so it depends on you. Another thing that MIGHT bother you is that it has no tilt, so you can change the angel og the screen.

If You are going to use the navi all the time and you dont wanna always insert the disk, they have the hard drive version (Pioneer Z2) for like over $2,000. Then again, if you afford a 350Z, you can probably afford that lol. The avic-D3 that I have, you can get for like $1000 at futureshop or bestbuy. Its on sale almost every other week

Well, I was offering a package like the one installed in my car.
$1000 start to finish. It has a 2GB SD card built in for all North American maps so you can play music while you drive. A few members on this board have experience with my unit. Dubv was asking me a put one in his car so if everything goes well for him and it’s a go ahead I’ll order his unit and start the install. I’m even in contact directly with the distributor and for the little logo at the bottom I can put on NISSAN, or I can put on Z. That will delay the order though.

EDIT – Forgot to mention.
The unit plays DVD Movies, DVD MP3 CDs, Regular CDs, MP3 CDs, DivX, Radio, It has a TV Tuner, and various other inputs for things like backup camera etc.
The next thing I want to do it make my own software package for it as it runs on WinCE but it is completely integrated so you never see the WinCE interface like startbutton etc. Since it is on WinCE it supports a shitload more formats.

CARPUTER

PCPROA 'S SETUP IS SUPER SWEET THO.

$2K FULL COMPUTER W/TOUCHSCREEN ETC ETC ETC

Thanks, but mine is installed. Start to finish. I’ll mold it in and everything so it looks like it’s factory for $1K. The Carputer you’re talking about is $2000 and you need to spend more money and time to install it yourself.
If you want the unit alone I can get it to you for less. I’ll verify pricing but around $800…

so yours is touch screen as well? not bad for a $1000. are you doing installs at the moment? how long is this deal for or you can always do it at that price? if it looks like factory then i assume it’s not the tiny 3.5"? PM me for complete details. i am interested.

thanks

well if ya wanna cheap out you can do a $500 laptop and touchscreen for $350…but thats pretty cheaped out tho…

FOR $1k or less PCPROA’s is probably best

for the money is no object…CARPUTER FTW!!

Woops, I didn’t even see this.

Yes mine is touch screen. I might be able to do installs right now, but I would prefer to do it in the spring. The price will only probably get cheaper, it’s the availability that will change. The screen size is 6.5" and I try to make all my installs look factory.

alrigth man. keep me posted. i’ll be sure to msg during that time