In ontario, do we need...

A third brakelight legally? I want to remove the one on my hatch’s lid… will I get shit for that?

I know other people have done it…just wondering about around here.
Thanks
Mark

if it was OE then yes. it would be illegal to remove it.

peace

As far as I know if you make it so it doesn’t look like one belongs there, then you can.
i.e. brake light in window, you take the whole pod out.

I personally wouldn’t risk it, there’s a reason we have them.

^ +1
It’s illegal, but if you do it right, cops aren’t gonna know it’s missing, so they won’t ticket you.

iirc anything 89 and older do not require a third brake light

wrong, if it came from the factory with a brake light then it is required to be working but if it didn’t then you don’t have to add one

I took it off my hatch and had cops harass me looking for stuff to give me a ticket for the other day, they didn’t catch it. But if there was a way to put one on the window inside the car i would… but then u have to cut the tint to go around and shit. I took off all the side markers too. but i’m pretty sure thats legal.

I would NOT want to get ride of it. It really helps dumb people when you are stopping

well when i had my 240 it kinda fell out because the hatch kinda got bet one night. i drove like that for a while… never got harassed for it.

it is illegal to remove sidemarkers as well

on my first car, the 3rd light, and passenger side brake light didnt work, never got a ticket, at night time both tail lights would light up, but only driver side brake lamp worked, im sure if you do a clean job its not gonna matter, it is a good idea to have one tho,

I don’t know if it’s been piosted before since I doidn’t bother reading any responses.

As a sop told me when I was pulled over for wat I thought was a brake light out (coupe), he told me that legally you need to have 2 WORKING brake lights.

So, you can remove the third light, but better make damn sure that your taillights do not go out.

I don’t think side markers are mandatory. I’ve seen a lot of new cars without them. My front passenger marker is covered by a piece of steel, lol. For brake lights I’d leave 3 in. All new cars have 3. However my '87 AE86 hatch had a 3rd brake light, but the 85 didn’t.

eeh

Read the HTA see what it says about it.

my 87 200sx had a 3rd brake light but when i put on a hatch from an 84 i no longer had one. frankly i want it back. it was in the wing anyway. which i misss

all those people talking about driving without working lights change your fucking bulbs i hate people who don’t fix that shit as soon as they know about it how much is a freakin bulb cheap asses.