tint over 3rd brake light

more illegal than just tint alone? anyone have any experiences or problems with this?

is it legal to disable your third brake light(through the tint you can’t tell you have one unless it’s on)? If you are braking and there’s a cop behind you I’m gonna bet on him noticing it.

Y would u in the first place matt?

why would I tint over it? cleaner look, a lot of guys don’t like it cut around

or why would I disable it? so no one knows its there behind the tint

Ah i missed understood the question, i thought u wanted to tint the light itslef and was like WTF. I n awnser to ur question…NO, it doesn’t matter if u just tint over it, u can stil lsee it through the tint just fine

oh okay then, well I guess that answers my question :bigthumb:

I wouldn’t tint it… tint bubbles and peels

niteshade it. it’s cheap and is a translusant paint, so the light goes through it just as well as it would if it wasn’t tinted.

my car’s niteshaded secksay ass…

haha I was actually talking about tinting the rear window and that would cover up the 3rd brake light :doh: guess I worded it wrong!

i understood it the first time. tint over it. mine is cut around and i f-ing hate it!!

No problems with Officer DeLaw? How well does it show through that, and how many coats did you use?

Thanks!

ha… my bad… you said 3rd brake light and I thought of the one on mine…

officer’s dont give me a problem… light goes through just fine… i’ll take some pics in a bit…

3 coats of niteshade and i think like 7 of clear.

Night Shade is ILLEGAL and you will eventially get harrased for it. It does not let the full amount of light out no matter what you think (get a light meter). Also you now just covered up the reflectors that are usually integrated into the light and REQUIRED on the vehicle to meet DOT standards and inspection regulations.

I don’t mess with nightshades, yeah it looks great but it is extremely illegal. If you get rear ended, most likely you’ll be found at fault

I purposely took my third brake light out when I got it tinted, imo it looks better that way…