In the end, its still a Cobalt

hmm… I wonder if they will incorporate the no-lift shift in the sky redline? (i couldn’t see them doing that because an un-experianced driver with a flat foot shift from 1-2 will result in the rear end coming around)

ill say this for the 2nd time
58 more hp and tq and still in the 14’s :tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:

every other 4 banger turbo made by chrysler or some other foreign company, 35 less hp and tq 13s and low 5’s to 60

but can they keep up at the ring?? :stuck_out_tongue:

don’t think so

they made the same cobalt with more power that cant get put to the ground, 60 more horse and torque and you can only cut off .2 seconds?

NEW COBALT FTL

according to the article its a 1.2 second difference in the 1/4 and around the same for 0-60

but i have not seen a supercharged ss go 15 seconds…even while stock. 14.6-14.8

I think they meant something more like this??? Although it looks just like a cobalt to me too from this angle…

Stickier rubber can help the wrong wheel drive.

I may consider the sedan in 09, but the price is getting up there for a chevy compact…

I like the MS3 better.
Based on looks alone

cobalts still suck they are made for trips to the grocery store

love the motor, hate the car… this motor would rock in an elise.

the astra looks really sexy in 2 door:
http://www.autoclub.com.au/uploaded_images/holden-astra-sri-2007-704039.jpg

QFT

not only on hte exterior but interior as well…

I cannot stand the shitty Chevy interior of the cobalt…

I however love my MS3s

Also I wonder what kind of twisty control the Slowbalt will have…

:picard:
GM can fight back against the imports with engineering, quality, and the technical end, but ignorance is a whole different story.

yea, anyone with a brain would realize how little of the target demographic actually go to the grocery store.

Or if you’re looking to do it cheap, in a Fiero.

There should be enough young kids wrecking these that you’ll be able to find cheap enough front clips.

still doing a test drive, right? :smiley:

Put someone who can actually drive in the seat and that will come down substantially.

Cool on paper but turbos aren’t gonna like it.

i wouldnt mind that for a cheap daily. :tup: to gm for once

QFT

its the power delivery that is the problem. thats why the original SRT-4 was so successful in getting good 1/4mi times. big displacement 4 and big torque and just enough tire.

id rather have a used SRT-4. did all this back in 2003 and still faster.

will chevy offer a bolt on kit that puts down 360+whp? somehow i doubt it.

nice car though and :tdown: to dodge for axing the original srt-4 for the caliber.

Brian

gm supposedly has stage kits already to boost power up to around 300. i think its through a tune though. and possibly larger injectors. css.net has more info. admin went to a first drive and testing thing along side motor trend.