Increasing flexibility?

Man, I did a 45 minute pilates video with my lady just now. Shit is insane hard. So much I couldn’t do because I am lacking the abdominal strength and power to do it, as well as flexibility.

Really feel good after doing it though. I’m gonna try to do it 2x a week ontop of Mtn Biking. We’ll see how it goes.

I really cannot rip on pilates AT ALL anymore now because it really is very difficult and demanding.

[quote=“Willybeen,post:13,topic:32432"”]

STRETCH… before and AFTER workouts…

[/quote]

as a skier, steve, you should be doing this anyway.

-when i was racing(ski-racing) i would THOROUGHLY stretch EVERYTHING, lower, upper, legs, arms, neck,back,etc.

i suggest go on a 5-10 min. jog/run to get the heart rate up AND THEN strech for 15-20 minutes and dont skimp. do long counts 15-20 seconds and hold the stretch. dont go lightly

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:21,topic:32432"”]

Man, I did a 45 minute pilates video with my lady just now. Shit is insane hard. So much I couldn’t do because I am lacking the abdominal strength and power to do it, as well as flexibility.

Really feel good after doing it though. I’m gonna try to do it 2x a week ontop of Mtn Biking. We’ll see how it goes.

I really cannot rip on pilates AT ALL anymore now because it really is very difficult and demanding.

[/quote]

STRETCH STRETCH STRETCH…i cant stress it enough, if you want to be able to tweak/do legit crosses/tails you have to be able to grab, then stretch the trick out(to be styly)

p.s. did ya check out my balls of big steel post, those are some mountain bike freaks

you would benefit greatly from ski magazine’s workout/stretch tips.

i like to check them out once in awhile to keep “updated”

[quote=“OfficerK,post:2,topic:32432"”]

Yoga

[/quote]

End thread.

My gf does yoga and not only is she healthier, but she’s uber flexible.

I stretch before skiing during the winter, which helps immensely at the moment. I’m going to at least stretch every day, and fit in 20 minutes of pilates at least 2 times a week.

The pilates really stretches you out bigtime. Before doing it, I couldn’t even come remotely close to touching my toes. Afterwards, I was just a hairs length away. I think if I can get into a routine it’ll help immensely.

I can bend over backwards and touch my nose to the floor. It feels awesome when you hold it for 30+ seconds. Somehow stretches/strengthens your spine which feels really good, and the whole time you’re pushing on a pressure point on your forehead so when you’re done you’ve got a cool peaceful dreamy feeling. Or maybe it just cuts off bloodflow? :gotme:

[quote=“BikerFry,post:26,topic:32432"”]

I can bend over backwards and touch my nose to the floor. It feels awesome when you hold it for 30+ seconds. Somehow stretches/strengthens your spine which feels really good, and the whole time you’re pushing on a pressure point on your forehead so when you’re done you’ve got a cool peaceful dreamy feeling. Or maybe it just cuts off bloodflow? :gotme:

[/quote]

lol i get that also. its nice. :slight_smile: