Inert gasses are awesome!

Well today I finally had a few extra $$ to get a small gas tank for my welder. I got all the nifty wire and ends and shit for it and WOW is that a world of difference from gas sheilded flux core!! I wish I woulda bought this months ago! I’m never goin back!

90 amp Craftsman MIG with 75/25 AR/Co2 mix = SMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH

Sweet can u do some welding for me now :slight_smile:

N20 = win

depends what it is… my welder is only 90 amp. Thats a pretty small one.

just need soem metal bars welded to a lower control arm !!! easy job just dont have the tools

gimme some diagrams/more details. I can probably do it depending on how thick the metals are. 90a is good penetration up to 3/8. A little thicker won’t matter a whole lot.

Can you make several passes and increase the penetration? Somehow I see this turning way off topic…but I’ve been tempted by alot of of the 90-135amp MIG set ups, just wondered if I’d be SOL for alot of the jobs I wanna do…nothing hardcore, just typical garage stuff…

In the manual it did say it was possible to weld thicker metals with a 3 pass technique. Somehow I just don’t think that is the best option for what I have intended. I have welded thicker then the 3/8 I am setup for it the welds are strong. Stronger than the metal in fact, but there has to be a reason why its only rated for 3/8 and would prefer not to find out.

once i can get a hold of soem stock lower control arms for my car im going to replace the bushings then add a piece of thick metal and make ita ghetto boxed lower control arm. I figure every lil bit helps and its not a hard project. if u can do it ill let ya know when i get the supplies if i ever do !

Sounds like fun to me. I’ll do it.

I have a 125amp lincoln mig with co2/arg mix… works really well