INFO: IS300 Swap?

[quote=“white_mk_2,post:20,topic:36211"”]

Well there is a growing aftermarket for the 1UZFE (4.0L) and 3UZFE (4.3L) engines from LS, GS, SC cars. Unfortunately many of the parts are still custom or from Australia. There are many MK4 Supra’s that have ditched (or are in the process of ditching) their “torqueless” 2JZ’s for turbo V8 swaps. Though many of these also utilize the truck V8 cast iron blocks. Any V8 swap into an IS is going to involve much fabrication and problem solving as well as having bugs down the road that could certainly hamper it’s ability to be a simple dependable DD. Would you actually drive an LS powered 6spd IS w/o traction control in the winter? Lexus is coming out with a V8 IS, if you can afford a CTS-V then why not wait for that (the Lex)?

[/quote]

understood. I do not like the inside of the CTS-v(IMO, but i may end up getting one…) If i can hold out i would like the Is300F, but i would like to be different. I am still looking at all my options, what do to turbo IS guy use to tune the car?

cause th e IS-f is going to be significantly more expensive than the CTS-V

[quote=“66impalass,post:22,topic:36211"”]

cause th e IS-f is going to be significantly more expensive than the CTS-V

[/quote]

yes, i know. that is why i would have to hold out after my MBA…

[quote=“DrDoS,post:8,topic:36211"”]

reasons?

[/quote]

do we really need to do a search for posts started by DrDos to give reasons?
:slight_smile:

i kid i kid

this thread is like asking how to swap a lambo engine into a ferrari.

I’ve seen 1 IS300 with a LS2 in it. All said and done it cost him about 5x more than building the 2JZ and turboing it. If you really want to do it I say go for it. Its different. There are TONS of reliable boosted IS300’s around and you can even find them cheap on www.my.is used. Just don’t follow in Dos’ footsteps.

[quote=“Boomin99GT,post:26,topic:36211"”]

I’ve seen 1 IS300 with a LS2 in it. All said and done it cost him about 5x more than building the 2JZ and turboing it. If you really want to do it I say go for it. Its different. There are TONS of reliable boosted IS300’s around and you can even find them cheap on www.my.is used. Just don’t follow in Dos’ footsteps.

[/quote]

thanks i will check it out.