INFO: IS300 Swap?

has anyone came across an LSX powered IS300?

no

i dont want to get a cts-v, i think that it would be a nice swap.

edit: i do not want a snail.

good luck

i think it would be a nice sleeper.

and a boosted 2jz is not?

X2

reasons?

no real reason, just want to keep all the dd’s NA.

hmm i see, well good luck cool i dea.

to give you a heads up…

Stock tranny is very weak. Wont hold a LSX platform that well…

you deff have room for the engine, but fitting the tranny in there as well might be an issue.

Tranny options are either a v160 which is expensive or a t-56 which has never been done before.

Then you have to look into swapping out the rear end with a GS400 rear end. Pending on how much power you want to make. But i would pass that and see how it drives first with the stock rear end.

You’d clearly want to use the t-56 trans, and I am sure you could get it to fit. Then I would imagine you could get the LSD rear end that is in the 5 speed is300’s, or a stronger one if they swap in, and get a custom driveshaft to handle it. Super custom, but look what newman is doing with the bmw. I say do it up!

–mark

Don’t be retarded. :slight_smile:

that would be a really sweet DD

I too was thinking about building an is300 with either a 2jz turbo motor or lsx. would be freaking awesome.

are these 6 speed transmissions?

thank you for your thought.

yes both v160 and t56 are 6 speeds

yes, i wiki them,

that would be awesome, I’ve seen the lexus v8s/6spped supra trannies swapped into the IS300 before, but not the ls1, do a search on it, I’m pretty confident it would work :tup:

i know the 430 would motor work i have heard about it at sema… i woulder if that would be a better swap? but no other parts like cams and such would be in the after market.

Well there is a growing aftermarket for the 1UZFE (4.0L) and 3UZFE (4.3L) engines from LS, GS, SC cars. Unfortunately many of the parts are still custom or from Australia. There are many MK4 Supra’s that have ditched (or are in the process of ditching) their “torqueless” 2JZ’s for turbo V8 swaps. Though many of these also utilize the truck V8 cast iron blocks. Any V8 swap into an IS is going to involve much fabrication and problem solving as well as having bugs down the road that could certainly hamper it’s ability to be a simple dependable DD. Would you actually drive an LS powered 6spd IS w/o traction control in the winter? Lexus is coming out with a V8 IS, if you can afford a CTS-V then why not wait for that (the Lex)?