injector sizes

hey just wondering what size injectors i would need for a bigger turbo running between 15-20PSI and i already have an S-AFC and will be gettin the Z32MAF

thanx

One thing to consider is that an SAFC will only correct for 45% bigger injectors… stock SR injectors are 370cc

370 x .45 = 166.5

370 + 166.5 = 536.5

So… When using an SAFC on an SR20 the biggest Injectors you should get are 500cc. Thou I have heard/read of people using an SAFC to tune 650-700cc Injectors I couldnt imaging being able to get the fuel curv proper “I would assume it would still run rich”

If for any reason Im wrong, please someone correct me :wink:

You can’t size injectors based on how many “psi” you are going to be running.

I “think” you can… but only if you know all the mathematical equations required to determine how much volume the turbo is moving based on psi and then turn it into a duty cycle some how…

Like myself… Im @ 97.8% duty and only running 9psi (with 370cc Injectors). Their has to be a forumla to calcuate the duty cycle if you switched from say 370s - 550s but I have not researched this so, I could be wrong…

If you know exactly which turbocharger you are going with then of course you can figure it out. If you say something as vague as this though I can’t imagine how’d you’d decide what you need.

hey just wondering what size injectors I would need for a bigger turbo running between 15-20PSI

I’m assuming he has an SR so a bigger turbo could be a s14 t28 or a gt42r

I have an safc2 and planning to run z32 mafs soon however according to some japanese websites and BattleAuto it is not reccommended to use SAFC2 to tune your curve, the curve is more than one dimension for a s13 SR, there is FUEL values as well as AIR, the SAFC2 changes the AIR values and the ecu than accordingly adjusts the FUEL values, however this is not in direct proportion, so when running different injectors it is reccommended that you run a fuel computer if you are planning to run such high pressures in excess of 15psi… thats what i think…

thanx guys i dont know much about the fuel systems on these engines butg im running a HKS T2540R turbo so i just wana make sure i keep my engine safe from blowin up from runnin lean what kinda of software could i get for a fuel computer i already have a lap top witch i have been told i can use if i get the proper software but more input would be awesome i know theres alot of smart people on this board that can help me

thanx alot guys

dan

Yah you’re wrong, I run 600cc injectors on an safc without any problems. I never pull more than 35% fuel.

When you compensate for bigger injectors on an SAFC you pull fuel not add it. SAFC can pull up to 50%.

370 / .50 = 740

Yah you’re wrong, I run 600cc injectors on an safc without any problems. I never pull more than 35% fuel.

When you compensate for bigger injectors on an SAFC you pull fuel not add it. SAFC can pull up to 50%.

370 / .50 = 740[/quote]

Thank you for a “respectful” reply :wink: and nothing something stupid like (oh, your from kitchener so i dont expect any less)

I know that you subtract fuel when you go with a bigger injector thou 8)

But I was told (even thou you can add/subtract 50% with the SAFC) that ideally they were only good to add/subtract 45%. Then I was told that the SAFC will only correct for an Injector 50% bigger then stock…

Giving me the impression that 50% of 370cc was 166.5 + 370 = 536.5cc but now I know not to listen to a certian someone (and I wont name any names) lol

But again… Thanks for the civilized reply :wink:

how hard is it to make the eagle talon(turbo) injectors work on the SR just wondering since my buddie has a lot of them and the resistor packs with them probably a stupid question but its worth a shot cause im sure there low impedence and SR’s are high impedence so just wondering how i would make it work

thanx
dan

the main problems is not that it runs rich it is that since you are tricking the ecu it can play with your timing advancing it alot and you have no control over that with a safc2.

Yah it was just too easy, feels like I’m making fun of someone who’s handicapped, or the mentally challanged. What’s the fun in that?

Yah it was just too easy, feels like I’m making fun of someone who’s handicapped, or the mentally challanged. What’s the fun in that?[/quote]

still at it huh? funny how u didnt pipe up when u met one of us in real life, like this past summer

Yah it was just too easy, feels like I’m making fun of someone who’s handicapped, or the mentally challanged. What’s the fun in that?[/quote]

still at it huh? funny how u didnt pipe up when u met one of us in real life, like this past summer[/quote]

LOL, funny how you talk shit about me to your friends when I’m standing on the other side of the parking lot but not to my face.

You need to relax and not take the internet so serious.

still at it huh? funny how u didnt pipe up when u met one of us in real life, like this past summer[/quote]

LOL, funny how you talk shit about me to your friends when I’m standing on the other side of the parking lot but not to my face.

You need to relax and not take the internet so serious.[/quote]

talked shit? came right to yur face and asked you why u aint piping up in person, u had fuck all to say, maybe next time i wont listen to theo and jesse… see u soon princess

Time to lock this

yes yes we can all kill each other OFF the boards!

nice to see you Hector! lol